I've been having a tough time getting my bass pod xt synced up with my behringer fcb1010 midi controller. All I really want to be able to do is switch between a handful of patches on the POD and maybe set up one of the expression pedals as volume.

I was wondering if anybody else has managed to get these two pieces of equipment to listen to one another, and how exactly they did it. Yes I've checked the manuals for both things and the fcb1010 manual is just so vague and confusing for the non-midi oriented that its almost not worth reading. Almost.

Any help it all would be greatly appreciated.

And if this is in the wrong forum, sorry, I'm thinking of it as a bass question.
FOR IRE
I think it would be better for the GG&C forum, but I'll give you an answer anyway.

In short, it won't work. Two totally different pieces of equipment that run on totally different software, firmware, and everything. Sorry.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
I've heard the behringer will work for anything. Since they both use Midi, ignore T3hrav3n's reply there; there's a very good chance they will work together, see they actually do run on the same language and can easily communicate to one another, MIDI is supposed to be universal that way... that's the whole point of it.

Instead of relying on the terrible manual, go look for some group sites just for the fcb1010, there should be 1 or 2 circulating on the internet and you can get all the info you need from one of them.

But you should probably take it down and move it to the gear forum where you can get more help with this.
It's MIDI, yeah, but the software and firmware that the two units are designed to run on are completely different, so I'm thinking it won't work.

It's like plugging a different faceplate in for the car stereos with removable faceplates. It has the same hookups, but the buttons are different. With that said, my friend did this and it works. Kinda. Some of the buttons work, some don't. He has to hit the bass boost to control the volume. :/

TS: It may or may not work. Even if it does, you probably won't be able to control everything like you should. You might have to hit the tuner button to change the channel. Get it?
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
The PODxt can be run from a midi keyboard controller, thats how compatible it is.

t3hrav3n is wrong.

It has a 99.9% chance of working, MIDI controllers all work on the same interface, I've seen Guitar PODs, POD2's, PODXTs, and Pod Pro's run using the behringer, and similar devices.

In short, it should work, there is no reason for it to not work, there is no firmwire of software that would conflict on the behringer.
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!