Hi' i've played guitar for now like 7 months and today when i went with my friend to the shop and he was going to play on the guitar that he was going to buy i realized that dude... he's played like... for 10 months and knew kickass solos but that's because he likes Jimie Hendrix, ACDC **** and that sounded awesome. Meanwhile i play alot of Punk, Punkrock, Punk/Pop and skatepunk... whateva you like to call it and i feel like i need some challenging songs with solos in it... just to get you an overview these songs is the one i know how to play:

Green Day
American Idiot
When I Come Around
Baske Case
Stuck with me
No Pride
Good Riddance
Brain Stew
Coming Clean
Jesus of Suburbia
City of the damned (prt2)
Walking Contradiction

Others
All the small things - Blink 182
Dammit - Blink 182
Don't Leave me - Blink 182
Want you bad - The Offspring
Ray - Millencolin
NOFX - Leave It Alone
NOFX - The longest line
Nirvana - Smells like teen spirit

These are the songs that i can play and yeah... As you see it's much green day... I like Simple plan stuff, Good Charlotte and so on aswell... Bullet for my valentine is pretty kickass i think aswell. Hope you can give me some tips and stuff cause it feel like i got now motivation ...
if you like bullet a lot try learning some of their stuff.

if you wanna learn some more technical pop stuff look into blinks really old albums like budda and chesire cat.
Quote by Blomman
Hi' i've played guitar for now like 7 months and today when i went with my friend to the shop and he was going to play on the guitar that he was going to buy i realized that dude... he's played like... for 10 months and knew kickass solos but that's because he likes Jimie Hendrix, ACDC **** and that sounded awesome. Meanwhile i play alot of Punk, Punkrock, Punk/Pop and skatepunk... whateva you like to call it and i feel like i need some challenging songs with solos in it... just to get you an overview these songs is the one i know how to play:

Green Day
American Idiot
When I Come Around
Baske Case
Stuck with me
No Pride
Good Riddance
Brain Stew
Coming Clean
Jesus of Suburbia
City of the damned (prt2)
Walking Contradiction

Others
All the small things - Blink 182
Dammit - Blink 182
Don't Leave me - Blink 182
Want you bad - The Offspring
Ray - Millencolin
NOFX - Leave It Alone
NOFX - The longest line
Nirvana - Smells like teen spirit

These are the songs that i can play and yeah... As you see it's much green day... I like Simple plan stuff, Good Charlotte and so on aswell... Bullet for my valentine is pretty kickass i think aswell. Hope you can give me some tips and stuff cause it feel like i got now motivation ...

Thats your problem. No innovation.

Listen to some good 80's glam and start playing that stuff. Skid Row, GnR, Whitesnake. You'll kick his ass in no time.