i'm looking for an amp (duh lol) and will probably have to buy second hand, looking at prices on gumtree (its like a craigslist in the uk) etc .. 600 for either as a half stack is about the most i can afford and the best i can get for the money. Both amps fall about the same.

Mostly looking for advice from people with these amps regarding reliability. Or if anyone else has anyother suggestions for another amp, i'm all ears.

i'll put down some gear and styles incase that helps...
Clean i like to play Blues and otherwise I like to Classic rock, Thrash, NWOBHM and abit of 80s hair metal.
I use one Gibson Les Paul Classic and a modified Gibson Studio with Painkiller Bareknuckle humbucker on the bridge. the only pedals i use is a RMC Wizard Wah and a Boss Chromatic tuner.
Current amp is a Mashall AVT150H with the base cab.

Thanks for any help.
The Laney by a long shot! The Mode Four is/was another marketing hype by Marshall and is not worth the money. Not only that, but if you did get one and tried to sell it down the road you'll have a really hard time getting rid of it. When I worked at a music shop, from the time I started, the store had four Mode Four heads in stock. One of them sold only to be returned a few days later, another was dropped and put on repair... a year later and they're all still there wasting space in the store. It won't be much of a step up at all from your AVT.
GH100L all the way. If you got the GH50L it would be loud enough and you might afford it brand new.
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
It's not even a discussion. Get the Laney.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
laney beyond question, however consider the 50 instead of the 100, louder than you'll ever need plus cheaper, can go new that way.
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Mayhem
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
ahh great. thanks guys.
after looking around, for the price of the GH100 used stack, i can afford the TI signiture half stack new. but i'm abit worried about getting anything thats a signiture model.
Any help on that model?
thanks again.
Well the only thing about signature gear is that its someone elses sig, like I guess you'd call me fussy or whatever but I hate the idea of playing with gear that has someone elses name on it. quality wise im sure the TI amp is good, never played one myself but why not consider the 50?

Oh and 'Fender' doesn't count as someone elses name :P
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Orange Rocker 30 Combo
Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Mayhem
Roland Microcube
Boss Micro BR
Korg Pitchblack
EHX Holy Grail
Hohner 3/4 Classical
I have the Laney GH50L head with a Framus cab. It's absolutely amazing. You can get anything out of it. Get one, You'll like it.

I mean, cleans are great, the overdrive is amazing. For what you play, Laney is for you.