I'm wondering about what I should do and I need some advice. One of my best friends is wanting to play drums with me and the band that I'm getting together, but he doesn't know how to play the drums. He does however have 12 years of experience with piano and has done percussion in the school band all through junior high and high school and he has a knack for it. I've shown him a thing or two (I play drums also) and he picked it up really fast.

My other friend wants to play too but he's been playing for like six years or so and he already knows what he's doing on the set. He's offering to teach my other friend because the first guy want to be in a more permanent band with me, but my first friend feels like dead weight right now. The second guy is just a hobbyist whereas my friend wants to make this a career if he can. I want to make music my career as well.

I'm really not sure how to handle this. Any suggestions on what I should do?
Tell him to play keys.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
12 years piano experience? Woah. Your band has officially found it's pianist.
"Punk is a state of mind, and no one can take that away from you."
Well he really wants to play drums instead and he feels like he would not be very...essential as a keyboardist...
Quote by eds1275
Well he really wants to play drums instead and he feels like he would not be very...essential as a keyboardist...

What kind of music do you guys play?
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by eds1275

well that's easy to fix, just start playing keyboard-core
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders