Hi
I am a beginner and bought my guitar(ibanez sa 120) about 2 months back... i practice about 1 hour a day approx... but now i am a little concerned about the fret as i see some of the frets which i play frequently are starting to flatten..
is it normal to have fret wear soo soon(2 months).. pls advise

thanks
Last edited by nisejjqweasd at Mar 20, 2008,
Hmm.. interesting. The only problem I ever have with my frets is that they become oxydized and turn kinda greenish =/ . Are the frets affecting your tone?
frets dun wear out that fast, i vibrato like mad on my 4 month strat and just wear down a little
Maybe you're putting too much pressure on your strings when you fret a note. Practice fretting very softly -- just hard enough to get a clear tone. Keep practicing like that and you'll see your technique improve and your frets will last forever.
ive had this particular guitar for over a year and I dont take care to play "easily" on it. I see no fret wear at all. Your bsing yourself.
You're only seeing the difference between virgin and not virgin frets, it's nothing to worry about.
i bet they sound fine tho right?

Its pretty tuff to wear out frets....ur prolly okay in that little bit of a time period.

I've had a guitar for 4 years and I played to every day and its still great.