Hey, i'm new here, and i've been playing for a few years now, and have gathered up the following gear:

Schecter Damien 7
Vox AD30VT
Boss DS-1

And I was wondering if the amp and pedal i was looking to get would be good with my Damien. For the pedal, i'm looking at a Vox Tonelab LE. The amp will be comprised of an Orange Tiny Terror, and an Orange 4x12HP.

Any experience with that amp and pedal setup would be much appreciated.

EDIT: I play many styles, mostly Power metal, thrash metal, and progressive metal.
Last edited by Electric_Tears at Mar 20, 2008,
What kind of music do you play? And I don't think a tonelab will be good with the TT because it doesn't ahve an effects loop.
I think the TT is a good head if you play at home, and you want great classic rock distortion. Do you gig at all? Also, does it have to be a head? And what kind of wattage is you max.?
No gigging yet, we mainly practice at my place, but i'm starting to prepare for gigging. Doesn't have to be a head, just something loud enough to be heard playing with a drummer. Wattage max? Not too sure yet.

My budget for the amp is 1000-1700
Effects, about 600 max.
For metal (and I'm assuming you're in the US) you could get a B-52 AT112 combo, Randall RG50TC combo or even go for something more expensive like an ENGL or Mesa, though I can't really suggest anything from the latter two brands.
Checking all those out now. No complaints on the Tonelab? I saw some bad reviews on the GT 8 and the Floor POD. I've only tried the GT 8 and Tonelab though.
I think you'd better off investing i separate effects rather than a multi, then you get what you want.
Orange makes a great product, but I'd suggest a Rocker 30 combo over the Tiny Terror on a 4x12. More power, features, and portability for less money.

But for metal, you'd probably be better off looking in a completely different direction. Maybe a Budda Superdrive 30, or a Soldano Astroverb with a nice cab. Budda has an 18W head, too.

Something like those, and you'd be the coolest kid on your block.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
That Soldano looks nice. Would an Orange Rocker 30 be loud enough to play with a drummer? If so, that's probably the option i'll take.
Quote by Electric_Tears
That Soldano looks nice. Would an Orange Rocker 30 be loud enough to play with a drummer? If so, that's probably the option i'll take.

Also if you're willing to shop used, the Soldano Atomic 16 generally goes a good bit cheaper than the Astroverb, the only real difference is the lack of a factory reverb.

The Rocker 30 will be plenty loud enough to play with virtually any drummer.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
less on the guitar, more on an all tube amp
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by Electric_Tears

It'll make your drummer cry if you want it to.

It's a great amp, but I'd still suggest one of those others if you're strictly metal. Up to you. You won't be going to far wrong with the Orange. You might like the Rockerverb 50 better if you can stretch for it. It's a little higher/tighter gain.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Alright, so so far, drop the Tonelab and buy the stompboxes for what i want, and for amps, i'm looking mainly at the Soldano Astroverb, and Carvin V3. Oh, also, reccomendations on a wah pedal?
He already has the Schecter...

I also recommend you look at some Mesas at your price point, Mesa Stilleto Ace combo for hi gain british voiced metal and you can also afford a Mesa Mark IV which is awsome everything.

You should also look at the Peavy 6505 if you don't mind shoddy cleans.

As for effects i only recommend buying those you want/need, multis are not a good idea. What kind of effects do you want?
I'll check out the Mesas. For effects, i'm looking at Wah, Digital Delay, something better than a DS-1 for distortion, and then maybe a flanger.