Hey, my cousin just bought an old Premier Les Paul type guitar, and I was wondering how much it would cost to get it re-wired. When you plug it in to an amp, the bridge pickup works fine, but the neck pickup crackles and doesn't work all the time.

Can I fix this myself, or should I take it to a shop? I don't have any experience working on guitars, as you can probably tell.
It probably shouldn't cost more than $20 or $30 to get some soldering done. If you're already familiar with soldering/wiring, get on Google and find a wiring diagram. If you're not comfortable with it, take it to a shop, but ask to stay and watch while they fix it, so you have a general idea of what to do in the future.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Quote by DrNick
It probably shouldn't cost more than $20 or $30 to get some soldering done. If you're already familiar with soldering/wiring, get on Google and find a wiring diagram. If you're not comfortable with it, take it to a shop, but ask to stay and watch while they fix it, so you have a general idea of what to do in the future.

You would be surprised how much they ask for these easy fixes. They wanted $75 to fix a couple of wires in my guitar so I just did it myself. It's not a big deal and eventually you have to learn to do it yourself if you don't want to throw your money out the window. Just practice a lot of soldering on separate wires and when you feel comfortable and have the right diagram go for it!
Well maybe I'll just take it to my local shop and see what they wanna' charge for it. If it's real expensive, I'll just do like you said Dr. Nick and look up a wiring diagram and do it myself.

Thanks for the quick replys guys.