Hey guys, I am going to be in my schools battle of the bands in a couple months, and me and the guys I am playing with have all of our own songs figured out. But we can't think of any good covers to play, the crowd likes mainstream and classic rock stuff, like green day, foo fighters, and everything, but I hate green day with a passion. Do yall have any reccomendations for covers that we can do? By the way, the lady in charge is a ****ing nazi, and won't let us play anything with language or anything like that.
Last edited by oneuponu at Mar 20, 2008,
I know you hate Greenday but look up an artist called Dean Grey. Boulevard of Broken songs would do you good in a BotB. It's a mix of Greenday, Oasis and some other stuff.

Otherwise, go with anything from the Guitar Hero series. Those songs always have that added "wow" factor.
Quote by SmarterChild
Guns 'n' Roses'- Sweet Child Of Mine
RHCP- Under The Bride
Muse-Hysteria

That ^.
"Punk is a state of mind, and no one can take that away from you."
Play some early Pearl Jam (Jeremy, Dissident), or maybe some Alice In Chains (Down in a Hole, Grind).
this is easy, play some rockin ass floyd like Money or do some classic hendrix ala foxy lady. or maybe you could go out there and do

klaatus- anus of uranus.
Quote by el-ECTRO
you again

damn i could've done a much better response for ntchode 'Owner of UGs hugest penis'
Necrophagist- Only Ash Remains
Listen to it. Now.
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
Aerosmith - Walk This Way - crowd pleaser

Or Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb.

or just go for the predictable stairway.
Chuck Berry - School Days
AC/DC - TNT
AC/DC - Highway To Hell
Lynyrd Skynryd - Free Bird
Led Zeppelin - Black Dog
Franz Ferdinand - Take Me Out
Deep Purple - Black Night
Paul McCartney/Guns N' Roses - Live and Let Die
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Last edited by cam_sampbell at Mar 20, 2008,
Frank Zappa- G Spot Tornado
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
Usually when my band does a show we do an odd cover like something by sinatra or johnny cash. It's cool to do old songs like that because you can change it and do whatever you want. For example last show we did a punk cover of Johnny cash's Fulsom prison Blues. Crowd loved it cause like everyone knew the song. So if you want try and do like an older song but make it in the style of your band.
Retired Ug Radio Dj
(I think that means i'm important)
Leader of the MIKE PATTON Worshipper club Pm me to join
AC/DC and Gun N' Roses and stuff like that is always good (if you've got the singer for it)
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
Quote by nebraskan
Necrophagist- Only Ash Remains
Listen to it. Now.

Agreed. If you loose playing that song, you know the whole thing is rigged.

Or Bury the living by Brain drill
I worked out how to play a ska version of Song to Say Goodbye by Placebo, if you're interested.

EDIT: Play Monkey Wrench, Pretender, All My Life, or Everlong by the Foo Fighters. All pretty simple songs which'll go down well.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Last edited by break-me-in at Mar 20, 2008,
Slither by Velvet Revolver.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
We Will Rock You - Queen ofcourse. Veeery simple.

Or maby a Metallica cover, that's also nice. Like, Nothing Else Matters, Master of Puppets or anything like that.