From the beginning. I'm playing for about 2 years. My pratices were based on playing songs along with guitar pro. Since November I decided to pick on pentatonics and other scales. Then I noticed that I have a huge problem to stay in rhythm and I'm not aware what rhytmic figure I'm playing. This is how using guitar pro ends. Can someone help me and suggest how to change rhythm from my weakest chain in to one of the strongest?:P Btw. sorry for my english, it isn't my native language and I'm a bit in hurry. Much thanks in advance.
on guitar pro, use the speed trainer

Huh, I always do that, at least with speed trainer I didn't f*cked up:P.

Practice slowly with a metronone, deliberately saying "one and two and..." and such.

Yes metronome, I rather had thought about a way to develop a good sense of rhythm while improvising. For example I heared that people are practicing different rhytmic figures and play them starting from various beats... Maybe that's the way?

Anyway, how you guys were working with rhythm? Maybe which books/other media you studied?
Quote by uvq
on guitar pro, use the speed trainer

It will be more beneficial to practice with a metronome... as you usually don't have a second guitarist playing what your doing.
The best way is to get a rhythm studying book. They are full of challenging rhythmic exercises where you must sing and/or clap the rhythm.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Quote by Muphin
The best way is to get a rhythm studying book. They are full of challenging rhythmic exercises where you must sing and/or clap the rhythm.

And once you've got that down, a metronome is better practice than guitar pro's speed trainer.

Can you suggest me some titles? Someone on different forum said that "Rhythm: What It Is and How to Improve Your Sense of It." by A. Lewis is quite good, but where I live it's hard to find.
Quote by Gh.
Can you suggest me some titles? Someone on different forum said that "Rhythm: What It Is and How to Improve Your Sense of It." by A. Lewis is quite good, but where I live it's hard to find.

"Studying Rhythm" by Anne Carothers Hall
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation