Why do humans go so apesh*t over it? I mean, I know it makes you feel pumped or alive or calm or pissed or whatever, and it's just so f*cking cool, especially the fact that we can sit down with this thing made of wood that has 6 strings on our lap and make it ourselves!

But WHY?

These are my thoughts right now. We all love it, otherwise we wouldn't be here. But what is the underlying reason for it all?

While I'm on the subject, I'm a hardcore kid. I f*cking love the stuff, especially if it's positive and melodic. But I love metal too, and punk, and some of that decent-but-still-half-****ty emo stuff. But does this mean I should go out and listen to every band in existence that makes that kind of music? I just sifted through the B&A forum with a pen and a sheet of paper, and with minuscule writing, I noted down every band I could see that I hadn't heard of before.

Was that even necessary? I know it's good to be open minded and listen to a diverse range of music, but is it still a good thing to listen to each and every band that makes it? What do I have to gain? Surely I would be better off to stop stressing about it and just f*cking LISTEN to it.

So, my point is, I love music. I enjoy music. I like hearing new music, and I like listening to the stuff over and over again that could never get old. I hate seeing kids these days going out and spending so much time dissing bands, talking this, talking that, over by the ****ing merch stand. It's like a cancer that kills every kind of music scene. God forbid we take a moment to lighten up and enjoy ourselves.

Rant over.
I have thought about this, why people can't simply enjoy the music they like, and not criticize other tastes.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
music changed in the 90's mainly.

and this relates to my rant how..?
Quote by DieGarbageMan
music changed in the 90's mainly.

Musical evolution is a gradual process, characterised by the occasional change like the grunge explosion or the arrival of artists that wrote their own music in the 50s/60s. There have been other changes except for the 90s. Although that barely relates to the topic anyway.

I love music because it has such a profound effect and I just enjoy it a lot. It's the way I'm built I guess.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Firstly, you don't listen to hardcore looking at your posts.

Secondly, most people defend strongly what they feel strongly about.

EDIT: I get rather angry when kids are limited to what they see on TV and hear on the radio, but don't know it. Or, what they don't see or hear on the radio they immediately blank out.
Last edited by Craigo at Mar 20, 2008,
Because not all people are open-minded about everything and most people like to stick to what they know.
Quote by Craigo

he's saying why express your opinions on bands you don't like when you know perfectly well that there are hundreds of thousands of fans that'll defend their honour?

its pathetic and pointless, yes its your opinion, but other people have them too and theirs are just as important as yours.

I agree with him though, enjoy music and don't talk about music you don't like, because someone must otherwise why would it be made? Live in peace with your own, 'cause if thats what would have happened with religion so many lives might have been saved.
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
Quote by Craigo

EDIT: I get rather angry when kids are limited to what they see on TV and hear on the radio, but don't know it. Or, what they don't see or hear on the radio they immediately blank out.

Yes, I listen to hardcore. But I also listen to whatever the f*ck I want, and I don't let music tell me HOW I should be thinking.
Quote by Jonn0
he's saying why express your opinions on bands you don't like when you know perfectly well that there are hundreds of thousands of fans that'll defend their honour?

its pathetic and pointless, yes its your opinion, but other people have them too and theirs are just as important as yours.

I agree with him though, enjoy music and don't talk about music you don't like, because someone must otherwise why would it be made? Live in peace with your own, 'cause if thats what would have happened with religion so many lives might have been saved.

This guy's a ****ing genius
he needs a medal
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
Quote by Jonn0

People can believe that a band may be not as good as people claim, and aren't worthy to deserve respect, and may argue that because they believe it strongly.
music is very similar to language and not everyone can understand the language/signs (look up semiotics) in all types of music so people hate the other types because they just don;t understand. which is a bit like arguing that one language is better than another, which is bollox.
Quote by Jcore44
Yes, I listen to hardcore. But I also listen to whatever the f*ck I want, and I don't let music tell me HOW I should be thinking.

Posts on Bullet for my Valentine? I doubt it.

I listen to hardcore punk and get frustrated when people define crappy metalcore as being 'hardcore'. I get annoyed at that. Couldn't care what they like, along as they blood well know it's nothing like what hardcore actually is.

Ignorance, basically.

EDIT: I have corrected you. Me telling you what to think implies manipulation, and I would barely associate that with correcting somebody

Don't believe me? There's a good 'What is hardcore?' thread stickied in the hardcore forum
Quote by Craigo
Posts on Bullet for my Valentine? I doubt it.

I listen to hardcore punk and get frustrated when people define crappy metalcore as being 'hardcore'. I get annoyed at that. Couldn't care what they like, along as they blood well know it's nothing like what hardcore actually is.

Ignorance, basically.

EDIT: I have corrected you. Me telling you what to think implies manipulation, and I would barely associate that with correcting somebody

Don't believe me? There's a good 'What is hardcore?' thread stickied in the hardcore forum

*facepalm*

Do you really think I'm so naive as to call them hardcore?

You make me laugh. As I said, I listen to whatever I want, and last night I happened to be listening to BFMV.
Quote by Jcore44
I really wonder what music will be like in 50 years.

I agree, I mean, in the last 50 years music has gone from the rock n' rolling Chuck Berry to depressed, mascara wearing emo boys moaning about their perfectly happy life
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Quote by Jcore44
*facepalm*

Do you really think I'm so naive as to call them hardcore?

You make me laugh. As I said, I listen to whatever I want, and last night I happened to be listening to BFMV.

I never said you couldn't.

I can also honestly say that I've never met a person who truly enjoys hardcore and likes them, which is a fair few.
Quote by cam_sampbell
I agree, I mean, in the last 50 years music has gone from the rock n' rolling Chuck Berry to depressed, mascara wearing emo boys moaning about their perfectly happy life

Let's predominately define music eras by specific genres then shall we?
Quote by Craigo
I never said you couldn't.

I can also honestly say that I've never met a person who truly enjoys hardcore and likes them, which is a fair few.

Well, I'm not like everyone else am I? Dude I meant it when I said I'll listen to anything. Hardcore is my main dig, though.
Why do we like music so much? I believe Martin Luther said it best:

"Next to the word of God, the noble art of music is the greatest treasure in the world. It controls our hearts, minds and spirits. A person who does not regard music as a marvelous creation of God does not deserve to be called a human being; he should be permitted to hear nothing but the braying of asses and the grunting of hogs!"
Because we're complex creatures. No one really understands why we enjoy stuff that we shouldn't really enjoy, such as playing sport or music etc. Maybe we have a soul?

Nah.
A wise man once said that Music is the Harmonious connection between humans
im in the fastlane on the highway to hell
Quote by Jcore44
Well, I'm not like everyone else am I? Dude I meant it when I said I'll listen to anything. Hardcore is my main dig, though.

Name some bands.

To hear a hardcore punk fan enjoys BFMV is like hearing a Death Metal fan say he likes Korn. Just doesn't happen.
I read somewhere a while ago that music is one of those strange things that there isnt an explanation for.
Quote by Craigo
Name some bands.

To hear a hardcore punk fan enjoys BFMV is like hearing a Death Metal fan say he likes Korn. Just doesn't happen.

Or maybe everyone you've ever met has extremely narrow views on music?

EDIT:
Black Flag, Paint It Black, Rise Against, None More Black, Ministry, Strike Anywhere, Sick of it All, Bane, old MCR, Fall of Troy, Thought Riot, Sunny Day Real Estate, Rites of Spring, Hot Water Music...

And I don't even particularly like hardcore. So asking him to name hardcore bands probably won't prove it.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Last edited by break-me-in at Mar 21, 2008,
Quote by Craigo
Name some bands.

I don't need to justify myself to you by naming bands, but if I must, I like sticking to my roots.

Quote by break-me-in

Black Flag, Paint It Black, Rise Against, None More Black, Ministry, Strike Anywhere, Sick of it All, Bane, old MCR, Fall of Troy, Thought Riot, Sunny Day Real Estate, Rites of Spring, Hot Water Music...

And here's some more.

Minor Threat, Champion, Madball, Black Flag, Bad Brains, Agnostic Front, 7 Seconds, Fugazi, Judge, Circle Jerks... And that's just the early stuff.

And just for the record I hate Korn.

EDIT: I had to fix my quote tags.
Last edited by Jcore44 at Mar 21, 2008,