okay i've not been playing long on guitar but ive got a stupid beginner question.

when playing a full song like this....

C D
So, so you think you can tell

AM
Heaven from Hell

G
Blue Skies from pain

when do you change chords ?

EDIT : THE D SHOULD BE ABOVE TELL.
Listen to the song and you'll know.
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
i think when the singer reaches the marker in the lyrics, like when he sings tell you change to D
I Have it on but ive not been playing long enough to tell when he changes by ear. its kinda hard when ive just started learning more and more stuff.
listen to the song

wish you were here - pink floyd

and you'll realise when to change.
Yer when the lyrics get to the point with the chord above them, for example the D above tell, you change to that chord, so you'd play C till it says tell, then play D until heaven, when you'd play Am etc...
Quote by uvq
listen to the song

wish you were here - pink floyd

and you'll realise when to change.

Yeah i know its one of my favourite songs ive got it on just now but i cant tell by ear because there is so much other noise going on in the background.
Quote by chocolateman900
Yer when the lyrics get to the point with the chord above them, for example the D above tell, you change to that chord, so you'd play C till it says tell, then play D until heaven, when you'd play Am etc...

thanks dude.
if listening to the song doesnt help, try touching a sensitive part of you bady against the speakers and you will be able to feel the chords change.
'id give you one of my beers but i only have six' - deja voodoo
Quote by SweetBabyJames1
Yeah i know its one of my favourite songs ive got it on just now but i cant tell by ear because there is so much other noise going on in the background.

umm directly above the word it says

i know the song myself its like..

can you tell a something.. from something loll

i dunno the lyrics but the chord change is like

green field?

the change is on field i think
Quote by matty_jay
if listening to the song doesnt help, try touching a sensitive part of you bady against the speakers and you will be able to feel the chords change.

The most sensitive part of your body is obviously your.........
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

My Gear
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
You will need to change chord when you come to the lyric in the song that chord name is over. i.e. from your example you strum a C chord once then play a D chord until the vocalist gets to the lyric Heaven.

When the vocalist sings Heaven you would strum a Am chord and when the vocalist sings Blue you would strum a G Chord.

Before picking up the guitar, listen to the song and see if you can reckonise when the chord changes happen using your tab. Then play along to the song before attempting it by your self. This really helps to get the rythum right and know when the chords are gonna change.

Hope that helps. Good luck.
it doesnt really matter how much of a beginner you are.. you should be able to tell when the chords change
Quote by slidething31
it doesnt really matter how much of a beginner you are.. you should be able to tell when the chords change

i'll give up then shall i ?

its hard to hear when you have drums and a big loud ass keyboard going off at the same time.

i can tell when chords change by ear.. but not this song.
well you could always go to the fifth fret on the low E string because apperantly its the same as open on the A string. Theres something I bet you didnt know