Not sure if this is the right forum. If not, I'll just move it. Ok, so I've had my Jackson DKMG for about 4 months. I play this thing solely in drop D (I do standard tuning with another guitar), but there's kind of a big problem. The Low E string won't stay in D. I don't think I need to adjust the truss rod just to tune down one step on one string, but I'd really like it to stay in the tuning I set for it. The guitar has a licensed Floyd Rose, which is supposed to stay in tune, and it works for all the other strings. It's just D that keeps bugging me. What can I do to keep it in tune? Any input is appreciated.

edit: the tuning actually slips up to E, which makes me think... truss rod?
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
Last edited by Chikitty_China at Mar 20, 2008,
you have to take the string off and restring it, by locking the string into place around the machine head, like, over and under soemthing..

i got one with my gibson manual thing..
I have a Floyd Rose on mine though, and I always lock the blots on the nut. Doesn't seem like the way i string it would be an issue.
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
thats the only way... though.. cause the floyd rose will be fine, you have to string it so I think that would be the only way?
Ok i'll try that. I'm actually gonna get some new strings today. thx
Quote by Noyon999

-Tighten the locking nut
-Stretch the string out a bit (heavy bends, then re-tuning after each bend)
-Tighten the saddle screws
-Adjust the spring position (if using three springs, re-seat the middle spring so that its end is closer to the thicker base strings - kinda like the roman numeral VI flipped 90 degrees clockwise)
-Lubricate pivot studs with chapstick or vasoline
-Perform several full dives on the whammy bar and retune. This will greatly improve stability when performing dives, but reduce stability when pulling up.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer