I've been watching some videos of guitar and notice that no one seems to have there thumb on the neck pointing towards the headstock. That's the way I hold my guitar.

So my question is, does anyone know if this is a bad habit (Increased chances of medical problems in my hand)? Or is it just a comfort thing because of my small neck?

It might help to know it doesn't effect my vibratos.
Yes...I like it. Doesnt mean if I like hitting myself with a hammer it wont hurt me.
Quote by Ze_Metal
Yes...I like it. Doesnt mean if I like hitting myself with a hammer it wont hurt me.

+1

haha
Overall it's considered better to have your thumb behind the neck, as it gives you much better reach over the fretboard. However, I do let my thumb drift up to the side of the neck far more often than I probably should - mostly while playing open chords and on the higher strings.
My thumb is following the truss tod almost exactly pointed towards the head though.
i used to do that then i started playing, then i put my thumb vertical and it made a big difference i reccomend u atleast try it out.
Quote by Mackawade
i was wondering what is some of the stuff you guys would consider better than WOW

Quote by last-1s-out
Getting kicked in the balls repeatedly

Primus Sucks
I either use my thumb to play or have it on the middle of the back of the neck but if you can keep your thumb on the neck all the time you could play some things that others could never dream of
I smile because I have no idea whats goin on