Page 1 of 2
i have a budget of 8oo$ for a new guitar, witch one of the two companies should i get a guitar from, jackson or ESP?i just wana know witch of the two of them makes better quality guitars.
It's all opinioun to you mean ESP ESP or ESP LTD?

If you say ESP LTD then id go for the Jackson.

But if its an ESP ESP then i'd go for the ESP.
ESP, you'll spend a lot less in matianance.
Staff Sergeant of The Megadeth Military
PM BlackicN to join

Archbishop of Zeppelinism
PM heartbreaker

Gear
Guitars
ESP LTD MH1000
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
81 Gibson SG
Parker PM20
Amps
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland Cube 60x
I like old Jacksons. Can get very decent 2nd hand ones. but if u were goin for a new one then ESP is better i think.
MAIN GUITARS:
PRS Single Cut Trem
Ibanez PGM-301
Rickenbacker 650D
Jackson RR5
Taylor 12 String acoustic
Yamaha RBX 5string bass
MAIN AMP:
Hughes And Kettner Trilogy w/ 4x12 HnK cab
If I could get an old one and if it isn't one of those classic looking ESP explorers , then Jackson.

Now-a-days though: ESP

overall: Caparison
I Like Cake
Jackson. Built better than anything ESP LTD will ever sell, plus oyu get a guitar thats not just another one off the assembly line.

Quality > Quantity (or Features in this case)
Jackson > ESP
I say ESP. I absolutely love the new F2P (?), the neck-thru F with a 5 piece neck. It looks amazing. Its $700, has an OFR i think, and coil tap. Unless your gonna get a really nice RR, go with an ESP.
Quote by CJRocker
Jackson. Built better than anything ESP LTD will ever sell, plus oyu get a guitar thats not just another one off the assembly line.

Quality > Quantity (or Features in this case)
Jackson > ESP

No doubt. Look on eBay at all the V guitars... over time you'll see lots of LTDs with the tips smashed off where the Jacksons are in great condition. Seems like really crappy wood is used on LTDs... Otherwise, ESP and Jackson both make great guitars, but I prefer the look and feel of Jacksons myself.
ESP by far. jacksons are too overpriced for what you pay. theyre nice but i cant justify spending that amount of money for a bolt on neck and ****ty features. ESP has really nice stuff (real EMG's and real floyd rose trems) for the same price if not less.
Its a toss up really. I've played top end LTDs and top end Jacksons and they are both amazing. I'm a huge ESP fan but in this situation I really can't tell you which to get. You won't be disappointed with either choice.
I say ESP, but I'm MAD biased
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
I have both. Even though they are only 400 dollar guitars, I love them both. However, ESP/LTD has the edge by a tad
ESP F-250
Tubescreamer TS7
Boss DS-1
Boss Metal Zone
Jackson JS30KV
Vox AD50VT-212
POD 2.0
Quote by HeavyMetalHokie
ESP by far. jacksons are too overpriced for what you pay. theyre nice but i cant justify spending that amount of money for a bolt on neck and ****ty features. ESP has really nice stuff (real EMG's and real floyd rose trems) for the same price if not less.

Neither of my Jacksons are bolt on...

This one was $900 shipped from eBay (got lucky on it, though a black one shows up on eBay from time to time for that or less sometimes [if it is stock]):

Though my USA is out of the price range I imagine.
Quote by HeavyMetalHokie
ESP by far. jacksons are too overpriced

Overpriced? For one $800 will only buy you a LTD, that is not an ESP, it's like Epiphone or Squire.

Build quality on Japanese produced Jacksons is WAY better than a LTD.
Quote by fergus74
...Build quality on Japanese produced Jacksons is WAY better than a LTD.
I have an LTD SC607 that'll argue that point for months
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
I love my Jackson. I wouldn't mind having an ESP though, however I'd prefer a few more Jacksons first. LOL
I personally don't like the headstock of LTD/ESP so I go for Jackson. Also the fact that ESP copied most of their models from other brands makes me favor Jackson
But built quality of ESP vs Jackson USA is very close. I can't really compare LTD vs import Jacksons.
Being someone who owns both. I have to say I like my ESP better. Both my guitars are worth the same amount, and both are in your price range.

The Jackson I think has better craftsmanship, but worse parts. Also, the bolt on neck gets a big minus in my book.

The ESP I think sounds better and plays better. What I've noticed is its a bit of a sloppy paint job though.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
I say ESP.

I own a ESP LTD KH-203 and it cost $420.
Compared to a Epiphone Les Paul it was a much better value for the same price so I'm saying the ESP LTDs aren't that bad either.
I love ESP
strictly opinion based...

Jackson all the way for me.

i do really like the real ESPs (own one)....but if were talking 800...jackson.

lower end...jackson always wins.
high end, its a toss up. both jackson and ESP offer amazing instruments, especially if you are lucky enough to order a CS.
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
Quote by HeavyMetalHokie

Yeah since there is such thing as a real floyd... Schaller makes the best floyds neither have them in their mid range guitars. they both have licensed or "original" floyds.

Second Jackson sacrifice neck thru and other "features" for real emgs 81s and 85s(not knock offs like ESP(LTD)) and a high quality woods among other things. LTDs use knock off pickups and cheap woods in exchange for things like locking tuners and using "original" floyds...

But once you break $1000 there is no question ESP IS THE WAY TO GO! but in the 800 to 1000 dollar range its a tough decision
The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised
-George Will

Also caught her playing fallout boy on my guitar, changed my strings and cleaned it the next day.
Quote by BAoxymoron
But once you break $1000 there is no question ESP IS THE WAY TO GO!

Well...In that range it essentially breaks down to what do you want: Seymour Duncan or EMGs?
Quote by BAoxymoron
But once you break $1000 there is no question ESP IS THE WAY TO GO! but in the 800 to 1000 dollar range its a tough decision

Depends on what you're buying bro. If it's a real ESP, I would be inclined to take it over a MIJ Jackson, but real ESPs start at $1200 IIRC. For a Korean guitar, $1000+ is insane. Hell, I think over $400 for something Korean is insane.
Buy the jackson it's a better build quality than the ESP/LTD.

I used to have a ESP LTD MH-400 but i hated it because the neck felt funny to me for playing at a gig.
Ibanez RG1570
B.C. Rich KKV
Jackson RR3
Jackson RR5
Ibanez S320
Ibanez S520EX
Vox AD50VT-XL
Dunlop Zakk Wylde Wah
Marshall 2203KK
Marshall 1960A 4x12 Cab
Boss ML-2 Metalcore
Coffin Case Blooddrive
Last edited by COBHC_Slayer at Mar 21, 2008,
I find Jackson's overall playability much better then those LTD models that I played (like M-400).But that's just me.
Current situation:
Proud owner of Jackson JS30RR and Roland Cube 30X
Think about the guitars, not the brand. Suggest brands when you're endorsed :p

Say, if you compare some different guitars from jackson and ESP, then I can say what's better (imo atleast)
Ibanez s540 with gold Schaller bridge and OMGGOLD hardware

Ibanez RGR320 with Lo-Edge Pro bridge and scalloped fretboard

Lee Jackson XLSC - 500

Roland Microcube

Dunlop Jazz III black
I have an ESP LTD, and I would say overall I prefer the SL1s & SL2s, but those cost twice as much as my guitar. For the price, you get a lot more bang for your buck with the ESPs imo, but if I had the money I would have gone Jackson.
korean made ltds are more expensive than the equivalent japanese made jacksons. jackson wins.
Most people will say esp becouse they have neckthrough and nice inlays or a flyod but Jacksons are much better. Any Jackson over $600 has either seymours or emgs and there necks are fast even if the ones lower than $1000 are bolton they are still realy nice and I think better then my neckthrough Ibanez. Also the Jackson floyd roses stay in tune buetifuly. And every Jackson is made from quality woods and has amazing craftmanship. Jacksons may not have the fancy features but if you want amazing sound and playability pick Jackson.

I would also look at a used Kramer or Charvel they are both awsome brands but newer charvels are out of your price range.

I am also not saying ESP's are bad I am just saying Jackson are better guitars.

And why would you want an ESP that is a copy of Jackson when you can have a Jackson
Quote by 80sShred4TheWin
Most people will say esp becouse they have neckthrough and nice inlays or a flyod but Jacksons are much better. Any Jackson over $600 has either seymours or emgs and there necks are fast even if the ones lower than $1000 are bolton they are still realy nice and I think better then my neckthrough Ibanez. Also the Jackson floyd roses stay in tune buetifuly. And every Jackson is made from quality woods and has amazing craftmanship. Jacksons may not have the fancy features but if you want amazing sound and playability pick Jackson.

I would also look at a used Kramer or Charvel they are both awsome brands but newer charvels are out of your price range.

I am also not saying ESP's are bad I am just saying Jackson are better guitars.

And why would you want an ESP that is a copy of Jackson when you can have a Jackson

^Agreed. I have always played and loved Jacksons. I have played a lot of different guitars at my local shop, and none of the felt nearly as good as my Jackson. Not to say that they wernt good, but not what I was looking for.
Page 1 of 2