He keeps arguing with me that Synyster Gates and Zacky Vengeance are the greastest guitarists ever,he thinks theyre better than Malmsteen,Becker,Vai,Alexi and Roope,Dime,Hendrix etc. and he found this solo Gates played live on limewire and hes lik its the best solo ever,its comprised of divebombs and drunken mistakes,please tell me i'm not losing it and hes just really stupid
Are they the best ever? No. Is everyone entitled to their opinion, even if you don't like it? YES
a lot of those you said were people who ae borng to listen to, they may be the greatest guitarists btt not the best guitar... people. and in that case it's just a case of musical aste not actualt technical gooditty
He's either trying to piss you off (likely) or actually clinically retarded to the point of rabid fanboyism.
There's nothing you can do, he's allready lost.
Quote by sSyLc
Looking for a bj from an unsuspecting animal eh?
Member of The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society
Quote by denizenz
I came, I saw, I cleaned it up.
I like A7X alot,but he thinks they are the most skilled,they are the best guitarists ive heard since bodom was new,but they are not nearly the most skilled.
If he likes them, he's gonna like them.

This is why people get shot every day in bars around the world because of opinions.
Gear
Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR
1967 Ventura Les Paul Copy
Marshall JCM 2000 Dual Super Lead
that's the thing about people like him. No matter how idiotic his opinion may seem, you'll make an even bigger fool of yourself by trying to tell him how wrong he is.
Quote by Delanoir
He's either trying to piss you off (likely) or actually clinically retarded to the point of rabid fanboyism.

no hes a rabid fanboy,not as bad as the kid in my old music class who was licking the A7X issue of guitar world,but still pretty bad.
Vai isn't brong at all. If you go to one of his gigs or see a live DVD his shows are completely awesome. For the first song he plays blindfolded and at hte end manages to hold a note while swinging around holding the guitar by the whammy bar. Then he gets lights put on his fingers so you can see then go... then him, his bassist and two other guitarists all play at the same time, but the person on the left frets the other persons guitar and strums their own... awesome!

Origionaly Posted by CTFOD
Origionaly Posted by hownowbrowncow:
Get a new bicycle
Then you can ride it with no handlebars.

No handlebars.

No handlebars...
So this person loves these guys, now there's nothing wrong with that. We all have our favourites y'know.
They arent the most technically skilled guitar players, and definately are not even close to the best guitar-playing musicians. Show him some Malmsteen, Dream Theater, Children of Bodom, Gilbert, EVH, etc. Hopefully his mind will prevail over his fanboy-ness.
Okay, I like A7X alot and I think Synyster Gates and Zacky V. are really good, but not as good as some of the guitarists the TS listed. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Just ignore ur friend.
James "The Rev" Sullivan
1981-2009
May He Rest In Peace
Quote by qotsa1998
They arent the most technically skilled guitar players, and definately are not even close to the best guitar-playing musicians. Show him some Malmsteen, Dream Theater, Children of Bodom, Gilbert, EVH, etc. Hopefully his mind will prevail over his fanboy-ness.

Those caused his fanboyness,I dunno how,but it did.
This is why people get shot every day in bars around the world because of opinions.

lol.
FREE THE PEAR

Robot Lewis Stevenson of the Timesplitters group! Join!
kick him in the balls, and then say i told you if you didnt shut up i would kick you inj the nuts so i kicked you square in da balls

as cartman would have done
Opinions are like (as Deep*Kick said) STDs. They piss you off and limit you but you have to live with them.
Gear:
Squier Affinity Series Stratocaster
Epiphone G-400
Line 6 Spider
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
BOSS DD-3

"Wish I Had This" Gear:
Guitars- G&L, Gibson, PRS
Amps- Egnater, Bogner
Effects- Fulltone, JHS, Eventide
You listen to your crap...

He'll listen to his crap...

I'll listen to my crap...

The world will continue to turn...
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
A7X fanboys vs shred fanboys.
Awesome.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by CJRocker
Are they the best ever? No. Is everyone entitled to their opinion, even if you don't like it? YES

+1. This is pretty much all that needed to be said.
Be cool.
Tell me it wasn't this video, please...

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=e1KeUCpII5o

If it was.... yeah, that guy's lost... I don't know about the rest, I haven't spent hours watching the rest of the videos, but it's not a matter of taste for that one in particular. It's objectively terrible (just listen to the tapping part or... sweeping?), and then look at the comments; you'll see that people who say the truth and say it wasn't good all get thumbs down, while people who say it was like teh best solo evah, have about 500 thumbs up?
Now THAT's crazy fanboyism.

Damn, I think I won't sleep today after watching that >.<
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
Well, as you can see on my profile, I'm an A7X fan. I believe these guys are very good.Not as good as Vai etc, but they have talent. I say- to each his own. People always try to talk me into not liking him, as your friend, I don't believe it'll work. More than that, the more people reject and dislike that music, the more he'll like it. It'll make him feel he likes something very unique.
Now, don't flame me guys, I'm just saying my opinion.
MY GEAR:
Synyster Gates Standard (New!!!)
Slammer PAC3 (or something like that).
Amps:
Some crappy Marshell, soon to have a Mesa Boogie...