I have had this Teese Real McCoy picture wah for a few months and I am kinda disappointed with it's switch. It requires a lot of height in order to work properly which means the wah rocks against it and make an annoying sound. I have already contacted Teese and he explained that you just got to find the perfect height. So i did but now, I feel like I gotta hold back when "wah-ing" in order to not flick off the switch. I thought of this pretty sweet plan.

I opened up my wah, took out the switch, and decided to make an external switch for the wah so I could turn it off like a footswitch and then rock it as much as I want.

I am gonna need some serious help with this. Here is what I need:

A single footswitch - basically all I need is the frame no I don't want to spend too much money at all. I was looking at this but it really is way too expensive. Anyone know where I can get something like this though? If worse comes to worse, I can just build my own

A longer switch...cable? I'll show you a picture of what I mean:

Click to make it larger

I outlined what I am talking about in red. It is too short. I think I can just call Teese and have them send me a longer one but I also need to know how to take the cable that is now out. So I need some help with that. I also need to drill a hole in the pedal to make a place for the cable to come out and go into the switch.
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

You could rout those wires through the existing switch hole, to avoid drilling.
^then it would encounter problems with the rocker wouldnt it?

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by hendriko
^then it would encounter problems with the rocker wouldnt it?

Depends on how thick the wires are. The treadle doesn't go all the way against the bottom.
I am just going to drill a hole, no big deal. I contacted Teese and they are moving so they are out of service until early April.
My Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton II
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

I contacted Teese and he said that the cables that he gets are customized and come in huge orders. Is there anywhere else I can get a cable like this?
My Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton II
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic