Is it worth spending money to upgrade these guitars? Or should I just get a new one? I know theres value in the experience, but as great as that is, I dont wanna upgrade and realise that its still an average guitar... so Im asking you all. Is it worth putting new pickups and such into these guitars? Or would it just be much better to buy a whole new guitar? I dont have all too much money by the way... so its not a START TOMARROW project, more like an over time thing..
Playing on a Spider 3 (yea yea, I get it... you hate it so much) and a Peavy Trans Tube.
(both of which will be upgraded in the future.)
schecters are good.
I'd put new pickups into it, but i'm a hardcore schecter fanboy
FREE THE PEAR

Robot Lewis Stevenson of the Timesplitters group! Join!
It depends on which guitars they are. An Omen that goes for $200 brand new, likely not a good investment to put more into it. A Gryphon that was $400, that is more worthwhile. What it really boils down to is this: Do you like the way the guitar feels? If so, **** everyone else's opinion on the matter. It's your guitar. If it's comfortable to you, and you like the way it plays, then yes it is a worthwhile investment to make it better to your ears.
Quote by eXperiment63
It depends on which guitars they are. An Omen that goes for $200 brand new, likely not a good investment to put more into it. A Gryphon that was $400, that is more worthwhile. What it really boils down to is this: Do you like the way the guitar feels? If so, **** everyone else's opinion on the matter. It's your guitar. If it's comfortable to you, and you like the way it plays, then yes it is a worthwhile investment to make it better to your ears.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?N=100001+9&Ntk=All&Ntt=schecter&Nty=1

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-GRX20-Electric-Guitar?sku=519417
The Ibanez has a SLIGHTLY warped neck, nothing major at all, you would have to look for the warping to even see it...

So, they arent top quality, would any of you upgrade them?
Man, I have an Ibanez Gio, actually the IJX? version with the active looking pickups, and it's still a great guitar, probably one of the best starter guitars out there, but don't use your money to fix it up now.

Seriously go buy another guitar. By the time you put all the new hardware/machine heads/pickups/whatever extra you want into it, you'll probably spend as much as buying a new guitar.

Go out and take an ESP Ltd model for a spin. They're amazing for the price, and have such quality put into them. Also try out some Schecters too. Great buy for the buck. If you have over 600, go for a top of the line Ltd model.

Anyways it all depends on how much money you have. I recently just bought the Fender Jim Root Telecaster for about a grand. I went through every guitar imaginable in my search, but the one's I liked the most next to the one I bought were the Ltd's. In fact, I was going to get a ESP Ltd Deluxe EC-1000, but then I found out they had the JR telecaster I'd been looking for forever, I gave it up.

Anyways hopefully this is helpful to you, and most of all, if you don't have the money to buy a good guitar, then don't buy one at all. JUST WAIT AND SAVE UP FOR ONE. Trust me, it's worth it.
no experience with the amp. but go for a small tube combo. you'll get better tone out of the tube than the Ibby amp.
Guitar
Lyon LI15
Epi Beast
Berhinger V-ampire LX210
Danelectro grilled cheese & t-bone

Bass:
Peavey 112
Ibanez gsr200

Saving for Bugera 333 $300 / $599 :|

Quote by Doppelgänger
Agreed. There's no point in doing anything if she looks like shit.