Hey guys,
For the past month i've been switching around on guitars and amps, and finally, i went out and bought an American Made Standard 1960's strat. So now, i need to find an amp. First, i wanted a Marshall MG Halfstack, then i finally woke up and realized thats a bad idea. Then i wanted a line 6 halfstack, and soon woke up from that nightmare too. I was THIS close to getting a Dual Recto Mesa Boogie, but its just too expensive.

So what are my options?

My budget, give or take $100, is $1450 to spend on amp and pedals (new pedalboard if i can figure out how )

So what can i do?
i need a halfstack that i can gig with, tube preferrably

btw, i want to be able to play everything from stairway to heaven, to Can't Stop, to Knights of Cydonia, to master of puppets. haha
i'll probably be buying a big muff, ds2, volume pedal, and idk what else

thanks ahead of time for working your guys' magic to help me out
My Gear:
Fender American 60's Strat
Peavey Valveking Stack
Boss ME-50
Homebrew Crystal Bawl Wah
i hate to jump on the bandwagon, but you can easy get away with a combo for gigs. and itll take a lot of strain off your budget.

i dont know a lot about high ish gain amps, but i'll have a stab.

-bugera *some number...i forget *
-B-52
-peavey valveking halfstack, if you like this, you'll save a ton
-just saw a soldano 20W head on the GC website, those are the amps matt bellamy from muse uses

Marshall:

JCM800
JCM900
JCM2000
vintage modern
JCM800 KFK

should all be considered

well done for not buying an MG or a spider. otherwise there would have been one allmighty *facepalm* coming your way

i kid, major congrats on the guitar though
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
i hate to jump on the bandwagon, but you can easy get away with a combo for gigs. and itll take a lot of strain off your budget.

i dont know a lot about high ish gain amps, but i'll have a stab.

-bugera *some number...i forget *
-B-52
-peavey valveking halfstack, if you like this, you'll save a ton
-just saw a soldano 20W head on the GC website, those are the amps matt bellamy from muse uses

Marshall:

JCM800
JCM900
JCM2000
vintage modern
JCM800 KFK

should all be considered

well done for not buying an MG or a spider. otherwise there would have been one allmighty *facepalm* coming your way

i kid, major congrats on the guitar though

yeah, im likin the videos i've seen on the peavey valveking halfstack, but it seems almost too good to be true,

they guy plays cleans on it, blues, and even metal.
if i dont like the tone of the amp( for some reason), i could always put it on clean and put in my own distortion pedals correct?
My Gear:
Fender American 60's Strat
Peavey Valveking Stack
Boss ME-50
Homebrew Crystal Bawl Wah
You should easily be able to get a used Mesa Rect-O-Verb combo in that price range with some cash left over for pedals. Better than the dual recto anyway imo.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
See my sig.

Now...

Quote by MatrixClaw
You should easily be able to get a used Mesa Rect-O-Verb combo in that price range with some cash left over for pedals. Better than the dual recto anyway imo.

+1

+1 to the JSX Combo, too.

You have the option of getting a great combo with your money, or a decent stack. I'd go with the great combo.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
A twin is always my choice for strats. Sounds great and takes pedals well.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
All of the amps suggested are great, especially the Rect-o-verb.

I would also check out the Carvin V3, they are exceptional for the price, and can handle a really wide range of styles.
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
JCM 800 or Egnater TOL
With a strat it is hard to do certain things like Led Zep and Metallica because they were done on guitars that are about as un strat like as it gets, but either of those amps should do a great job.
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
A new Carvin X100 (or something) combo would be killer, and right aroud $1000. All tube, and switchable from 25/50/100 watts.
A Rocker 30 would do you nicely. No need for overdrive pedals or distortion or anything like that.
Quote by Lightitup
All of the amps suggested are great, especially the Rect-o-verb.

I would also check out the Carvin V3, they are exceptional for the price, and can handle a really wide range of styles.

+1
very versatile amp and reasonably priced, you cant really go wrong with this one
My Gear:
MIM Fender Strat HSS

My Influences:
1) David Gilmour
2) SRV
3) Jimmy Page
4) Jimmi Hendrix
5) Slash
I definitely suggest the Marshall Vintage Modern models... amazing tone control on those amps but in the end its all about personal taste.
get a carvin x-100b they are extremely versitile and sound amazing for everything ( i have a fender and i play blues/rock w/ mine)... mines an 85 or so but they just came out with some re issues
Gear:
too much to list

Soldering iron:15 dollars
Amp kit: 500 dollars
solder: 5 dollars
Burning the crap outta your fingers: priceless