Page 1 of 2
So fellow American UGer's, where does you're allegiance lie? I like Hilary over Barack, but it look like Barack will get the Democratic Nomination. So I'll be voting for either him or Hilary(I turn 18 this May). If McCain wins, I'm moving to Mexico.

Btw, how do I make a poll....
Quote by rancidryan
Do they come with heroin because I heard thats the only reason Dave Mustaine used them

"The power of the riff compels me"
Bury Me In Smoke
Last edited by Flying Afros at Mar 20, 2008,
I'm a republican although if i could vote i'd vote for obama...NOT HILARY
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Jackson Performer PS4 (soon to be sold)
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660
shouldnt this be in the political thread?
1)barack obama
2)John Mcain
3)hilary (dont like her)

if i could vote...
Anarchy. alright. learn this ****.
Vociferance

Halcyon

Quote by dead-fish
OMGZ! Chuck shuldingr iz teh master conspiraiter!

Quote by jakekilgore666
sean hart i love your avatar
I'm a Democrat. I can't vote, but I'd have to say Obama. Not Hilary. Definitely not McCain.
Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny
Woah, woah. Back the hell up.

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Of course he got all the girls, he's Rick Astley.
All of the nominees suck. Party politics are constitutionally illegal anyway. I would have voted republican if Ron Paul won the nomination, but it looks like I'll be voting Libertarian party again this year.

Anyone who likes liberty, freedom, less/no taxation, and just overall small government needs to check them out.

www.lp.org
http://www.lp.org/issues/issues.shtml
Republican, though if I was an American and could vote I would vote Barack Obama over McCain because I wanted Mike Huckabee to win, being Chuck Norris approved and all.

I do not like Hillary. At all.
Quote by DistantScreams
Awwwww.... CaptainBec that was messed up

Why? Because I rap about reality? Like me and my grandma having a cup of tea?
There ain't no party like my nanna's tea party - heey - ho!
Quote by Flying Afros

Btw, how do I make a poll....

When you make a new thread, at the bottom check the option to make this thread a poll.

Quote by denizenz
All of the nominees suck. Party politics are constitutionally illegal anyway. I would have voted republican if Ron Paul won the nomination, but it looks like I'll be voting Libertarian party again this year.

Anyone who likes liberty, freedom, less/no taxation, and just overall small government needs to check them out.

www.lp.org
http://www.lp.org/issues/issues.shtml

Amen to that brothah
Dam. In the edit thing, I can't go back and add a poll. Oh well.
Quote by rancidryan
Do they come with heroin because I heard thats the only reason Dave Mustaine used them

"The power of the riff compels me"
Bury Me In Smoke
I'm a Centrist

Not sure where I stand in American politics..

But I'm very liberal compared to all the danish parties
Quote by garden of grey
A bit off topic, but I think the American political system needs some serious change. "Left" and "right" don't cut it for me. I think we should have a four party system that is based loosely around the political compass. (www.politicalcompass.org) Being a libertarian, I still have to vote for a Democrat or Republican that I strongly disagree with on at least multiple issues and it's ridiculous.

Besides, right now all that happens is Demos and Repubs sit there and hate eachother and nothing gets done. With a four party system where all of the parties can at least partially relate to two other parties and only oppose one, a lot more could get done and a lot more people could get happy.
I vote Libertarian even if it's a wasted vote...if everyone voted issues instead of on party lines the Libertarian party would run away with it every time.

I'm just waiting for everyone to realize it like I have
Quote by garden of grey
A bit off topic, but I think the American political system needs some serious change. "Left" and "right" don't cut it for me. I think we should have a four party system that is based loosely around the political compass. (www.politicalcompass.org) Being a libertarian, I still have to vote for a Democrat or Republican that I strongly disagree with on at least multiple issues and it's ridiculous.

Besides, right now all that happens is Demos and Repubs sit there and hate eachother and nothing gets done. With a four party system where all of the parties can at least partially relate to two other parties and only oppose one, a lot more could get done and a lot more people could get happy.

Nah, the ones that make it anywhere are the crooks.

Yep, the 2 party system is failing miserably, the right wingers have become further right and the 'left' wingers are not really all that left any more.

Ron Paul would have been such a good president it's unbelievable, but, alas, all of his internet support came to nothing.

This reminds me of the great Bill Hicks quote:

"Which puppet do you like more? The one on the left, or the one on the right?"
"But look! The same guy has got his hands up their asses, it's a sham! The whole thing is a sham!"
"Go back to sleep America! Your rulers have everything under control."
Last edited by blynd_snyper at Mar 20, 2008,
Quote by Flying Afros
Dam. In the edit thing, I can't go back and add a poll. Oh well.

Well at least now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

GO JOE
Quote by smb
OMRLP! You Americans could do with a party like the OMRLP.

We have plenty of stupid parties. What we could really use are politicians who know what the fuck is actually going on.

Quote by garden of grey
I would say about 40,45 percent of the public isn't even capable of understanding that idea. I know adults that vote Republican or Democrat every time without even looking at candidates for the other parties. Why? "Because I'm not a commie!", "Because change is good!" "Because I think George Bush is mean!" So many reasons, so little logic

I would move to another country if I thought that all of humanity wasn't equally as brain dead as Americans.
Quote by blynd_snyper
Yep, the 2 party system is failing miserably, the right wingers have become further right and the 'left' wingers are not really all that left any more.

Ron Paul would have been such a good president it's unbelievable, but, alas, all of his internet support came to nothing.

This reminds me of the great Bill Hicks quote:

"Which puppet do you like more? The one on the left, or the one on the right?"
"But look! The same guy has got his hands up their asses, it's a sham! The whole thing is a sham!"
"Go back to sleep America! Your rulers have everything under control."

I agree 100%. I really wish he'd gotten the Republican nomination
Quote by Kensai
Forget about her, she seems complicated. Who wants a girl who answers in riddles? I'm not the fucking sfinx.

Quote by Rambo-Conny
Woah, woah. Back the hell up.

Polo shirt?

Sunglasses?

Of course he got all the girls, he's Rick Astley.
Quote by blynd_snyper

I wouldn't say it came to nothing, I know just within my circle of friends/peers he got a lot of people interested in who runs our country again, and I think he definitely got the other candidates talking about issues that were very hush hush until he brought them up.

He also helped show the masses how ****ed our process is and how much of an impact the media plays in a candidates "electability"... we'll see how lasting that impact will be.

Unfortunately, just take a look at the Hillary/Obama thread and look at how many people have no ****ing clue why they should vote for someone so they just go with "He's black, I'm black" or "she's a woman, I'm a woman"... yea the sad truth is probably a good 75% of voters base their votes off dumb irrelevant BS like this. Until that changes I think we are going to continue to have ****ty elected officials. At least when I didn't care enough to learn who to vote for, I just didn't bother to vote.

Hopefully he inspires some other guys to grow some balls and turn the corrupt ass GOP around back to what it once was.
Quote by denizenz
I don't know a single person who voted for McCain...

Yet everyone I hear from supports Ron Paul.

For real, that McCain support came out of nowhere didn't it? I have yet to meet someone who is for mccain(well I know one guy but he is one of the aforementioned, vote-republican-at-all-costs types, his parents brainwashed it into him)
Quote by chillbeast

Hopefully he inspires some other guys to grow some balls and turn the corrupt ass GOP around back to what it once was.

It's not going to happen. There is a quote from a Libertarian senator from Florida (I think) that goes something like, "When I first got into politics I was a democrat. I changed a few years later because the republican party is what the democratic party used to be. I changed again because the Libertarian party is what the republican party should have been."
Quote by chillbeast
I wouldn't say it came to nothing, I know just within my circle of friends/peers he got a lot of people interested in who runs our country again, and I think he definitely got the other candidates talking about issues that were very hush hush until he brought them up.

He also helped show the masses how ****ed our process is and how much of an impact the media plays in a candidates "electability"... we'll see how lasting that impact will be.

Unfortunately, just take a look at the Hillary/Obama thread and look at how many people have no ****ing clue why they should vote for someone so they just go with "He's black, I'm black" or "she's a woman, I'm a woman"... yea the sad truth is probably a good 75% of voters base their votes off dumb irrelevant BS like this. Until that changes I think we are going to continue to have ****ty elected officials. At least when I didn't care enough to learn who to vote for, I just didn't bother to vote.

Yeah, in those respects he did have an impact, and the future looks a lot brighter because of him, he got young people involved, which is important. However, change is needed now, not in a few years and by the time all of his young followers really take action it may be too late.

And yeah, the whole voting your gender or race is absolutely horrendous, I seriously think before anybody is allowed to vote they should be made to take a test about the different candidates view points.

Might stop this kind of behaviour:
"Oh, Obama is black! I black too! I vote for him! But Hillary is woman, I too woman! Who I going to vote for? Oh lordy loo, what am I to do?"
Quote by denizenz
It's not going to happen. There is a quote from a Libertarian senator from Florida (I think) that goes something like, "When I first got into politics I was a democrat. I changed a few years later because the republican party is what the democratic party used to be. I changed again because the Libertarian party is what the republican party should have been."

Yea, wishful thinking I guess. They might as well just change the name to New World Order Party and get it over with.
Quote by garden of grey
It's the media's decision. I knew a ton of people that supported Paul (not just online, I saw more buttons and signs of his more than anybody elses), but because he wasn't allowed to have major media attention he had no real chance because of the huge number of peope it affects. The media also affects the decision of dolts more often than people who know what the hell they are talking about, and believe me, there are too many dolts in America

I personally don't think money and media should decide who should be president, really. Donations should be kept to a limit and media time for presidential discussion should be kept pretty even (one of the few things I think that it should be mandatory to keep pretty equal. Fox or CNN can do whatever the hell they want with the rest of their time, but the issue of presidency has been decided by giant companies for a bit too long.)

Yeah, he wasn't even invited to the republican debate in New Hampshire. He was the only republican that wasn't invited.

He also set GOP records for amount of funds raised. He was raking in campaign money hand over fist.

I think some of his grassroots efforts have established some kind of coalition for change. I can't remember the name right now, but I'm sure you can find it easy if you dig around a bit online.
Quote by blynd_snyper

And yeah, the whole voting your gender or race is absolutely horrendous, I seriously think before anybody is allowed to vote they should be made to take a test about the different candidates view points.

Might stop this kind of behaviour:
"Oh, Obama is black! I black too! I vote for him! But Hillary is woman, I too woman! Who I going to vote for? Oh lordy loo, what am I to do?"

So true, I was arguing with a guy about this the other day, he was all up in arms about how we all have the right to vote.

I now know that voting should not be a right. Just like anything else that is a responsibility with potential consequences (driving, owning a gun, etc.) you should need a permit to vote. It'll never happen though because it would be too hard for people like Bush to pull off all the crimes he has without getting caught.
Quote by blynd_snyper
Hey, you guys want to annex Hawaii? We could name Ron Paul president of it. . .

It could be heaven!

I'd so be there.
Republicans are a dying breed, but I'll prolly vote McCain or Obama. Too bad about Huckabee.
I'm an independant BTW.
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
Quote by nebraskan
Republicans are a dying breed, but I'll prolly vote McCain or Obama. Too bad about Huckabee.
I'm an independant BTW.

Yea... too bad about huckabee... I was looking forward to waking up in the United States of Jesus
Quote by blynd_snyper
Hey, you guys want to annex Hawaii? We could name Ron Paul president of it. . .

It could be heaven!

I actually know Libertarian individuals who have mailed back their social security cards, ripped up their drivers licenses, and no longer pay local or federal taxes.

They have practically left the nation.
Quote by denizenz

I actually know Libertarian individuals who have mailed back their social security cards, ripped up their drivers licenses, and no longer pay local or federal taxes.

They have practically left the nation.

I like them, they sound like interesting people, but can they really get away with not paying taxes?
im a registered Democrat.

im going to vote for Obama in the upcoming Pennsylvania primary. it looks like we are actually going to be pretty pivotal to deciding the nomination this year.

i'll support Hillary if she gets the nomination. i just saw her speak at my school on Tuesday. she wasnt all that bad really.
Quote by blynd_snyper
I like them, they sound like interesting people, but can they really get away with not paying taxes?

Funny thing is, that if you have no social security number, and don't register your address or vehicles or anything with the state...there's really not much they can do.

I'm sure it could catch up with you one way or another. Also, since they have no drivers license, it's very difficult for them to get ticketed for moving violations because if you refuse to give them your real name, they have no way to track who you actually are.
Page 1 of 2