Hey everyone, I need some help. I'm trying to learn some basic sweep picking. Right now, I understand the mechanics to sweep picking but I'm still trying get my left and right hands going at the same time. The only sweep I can do now is this:

-------14---
----13------
-12---------
-------------
-------------
-------------

Anytime rolling your fingers or hammer-on's and pull-off's are incorporated I get all messed up. Also, since I'm sweeping so slow, it seems like I'm picking every note instead of sweeping. Any tips? Once again, I understand how to sweep and I've been practicing for a while, I just can't get it. I've been playing 2 years now and I listen to older heavy metal.
I would prolly say, try to see what your right and left hands are doing. Keep in mind that you only need to 'glide' your pick through the strings not stressfully lashing it.

You've got the key already (slow) and now it's just a matter of time and patience in how you're going to do it.

Personally though, I started on 5 string sweeps (and I'm still practicing it) hence I can't even sweep on 3 stringed licks but that's just me. :p