okay so i'm running windows vista on a Compaq Presario SR2170NX computer

It did not come with a wireless adapter card for the pci slot, so i go today and spend 70 bucks on a Linksys Wireless-G PCI adapter with SpeedBooster...model number WMP54GS..and on the box its vista upgradeable, i just downloaded the new driver

but it still wont work. I do have a wireless internet connection.

any help UG? i hate ethernet cables
Vista is a peice of crap get rid of it and buy a regular computer trust me it will save you a lot of head aches in the future
Quote by mellowyellow729
Vista is a peice of crap get rid of it and buy a regular computer trust me it will save you a lot of head aches in the future

Well seeing as my whole life is on my computer...i dont think thats gonna hapen
Quote by mellowyellow729

i ****ing hate posts like this, probably by someone who has never even used Vista and just bashes it because Internet retards say it sucks. Although I have no advice for the OP other than to go to a more technical forum, maybe whoever originally made the computer will have a tech support forum or e-mail technical support. usually your best bet.
The one with the royal sceptre and gown

Quote by leaping badger
i like drag

Member of the "I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP" club. Put in your sig to join.
Quote by Quantonyne
lets laugh at the n00b for getting vista...ha

now thats overwith.

i really have no idea, but get rid of vista and get XP...not trying to be a douche there...i havnt heard one good thing about vista.

To me vista runs way smoother than xp did i actually like it better
Quote by Quantonyne
lets laugh at the n00b for getting vista...ha

now thats overwith.

i really have no idea, but get rid of vista and get XP...not trying to be a douche there...i havnt heard one good thing about vista.

Well here's your first : Ever since getting a Vista computer the only problems I've had have been hardware related. Vista is a lot more stable than XP in my experience.

Quote by leaping badger
i like drag

Member of the "I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP" club. Put in your sig to join.
Downgrade to XP.
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
Quote by Noyon999
have you upgraded to SP1 which has been recently released?

I'm running Vista my friend
series pack 1 was released literally a few days ago for Vista with a lot more compatibility and drivers an w/e
Vista's more complicated and the fags here that say it's crap, don't believe them. You just need to work it out. If I lived near you I'd do it for you.
Quote by Sirnogbert
i ****ing hate posts like this, probably by someone who has never even used Vista and just bashes it because Internet retards say it sucks. Although I have no advice for the OP other than to go to a more technical forum, maybe whoever originally made the computer will have a tech support forum or e-mail technical support. usually your best bet.

+1. I've never had a problem with Vista.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Vista doesn't have any problems with it, unless you're a moron or your PC can't handle it. And for everyone who has a problem with something that "worked on XP but not on Vista" is a flat out liar.

I would say the problem lies with the installation of the driver. Try uninstalling it, then reinstalling it.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
lmao.

The problem has nothing to do with the microsoft vista software and you idiots are bashing it like you know what you're talking about. Vistas just as good as XP, if not, better.

It seems hardware related, call tech support from who ever manufactured your computer.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I also forgot to add that, most of you 14 year olds didn't even have computers then, but when XP was released it got all the same "OMG WINDOWS 98 IS BETTER" crap that Vista is getting now.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
Car pool it with you.
The UG churches Tabernacle maintenence guy.

I suvived the Bannecide.
Quote by i have to pee
I also forgot to add that, most of you 14 year olds didn't even have computers then, but when XP was released it got all the same "OMG WINDOWS 98 IS BETTER" crap that Vista is getting now.

Exactly.

Quote by leaping badger
i like drag

Sorry mate, but if you have a problem vista, you'll probably have to wait for SP1, which should be released this month. I'm on vista, and there are tons of bugs, and I have wireless problems too.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Some people bashing Vista dont have a right to because they dont even own it but on my brothers computer Vista has good points and bad points, but like some guy before me said people were the same about XP when it came out, you just need to wait for a few service packs
Manchester United
Quote by rizo299
The main bulk of problems with vista is to do with the fact that its a complete memory hog.

Chances are your laptop just isn't up to the spec required to handle it.

Nah, bull****. Vista works just fine with lower specs, but it's just a bit more sluggish.

Rabidguitarist, what kind of wireless problems?
well i took the pc upstairs where i thought the signal would be stronger..and violah! it works! so i need to get a more powerful wireless router and move it closer to this computer