Okay, just hooked up my brand new Randall RH150 head (took it out of the box 10 minutes ago) and the 2 left speakers don't work. If you remember my other threads, I fried my old head by accidently plugging it into itself... of course I then plugged it in the right way, but maybe I hurt the cab by turning on the head when it was broken?

I plugged in my new (mono) head into the stereo left input (150 watt max, 150 watt head at 4ohms, its safe) and the sound is terrible... like laptop speakers, no bass response and super bad treble.

I plug it into the right stereo input and it works fine.

I plug it into the mono input and only the right makes any sound.

What I'm asking is if there is anything that will shock me if I open up the cab and take a look, unplugged of course.
Yea, I just tried it again, the left side is all crackly and sizzly if I try to turn up the volume a bit... I'm assuming the speakers are blown

All of this for plugging the wrong cord into the wrong hole.
if 2 speakers are off, do you risk ohm mismatching

and a 3rd head?
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
there could be some ohm mismatching, but the head will be fine, as there is no signal coming from the cab to the head, so all the damage will be done to the cab. But as he siad bfore, he fried his other head by looping the head somehow
Quote by Mark-O1987666
there could be some ohm mismatching, but the head will be fine, as there is no signal coming from the cab to the head, so all the damage will be done to the cab. But as he siad bfore, he fried his other head by looping the head somehow

I fried the head by plugging a cable from the speaker-output to the other speaker-output.

Then I re-wired it correctly.

Now I have my new head.

And the left speakers don't work well - they're fuzzy and trebly, when I push the volume up, they get really bad. They've got to be blown.