Alright people!

Right the deal is that I'm pretty crap at playing guitar at the moment, probably due to lack of practice and generally only attempting really easy songs or playing ones that I already know how to play.

Basically I'm wondering where I go from here? Power Chords are mastered, I think I've got rhythmn and timing sorted as well, its just I want to move on to the next level and don't really know what steps to take in order to do this.

Sorry if you have heard questions like this before.

Look forward to your replies
The answer is in your question:

practice more, learn harder songs.

also, throw some scales in their too.
Epiphone Les Paul
T. Haruo Acoustic
Fender MusicMan 210 (130w)
I'm doing brilliantly and don't know any scales apart from A minor Pentatonic. That's probably the only one you need to know, but what kind of bands are you listening to? I might be able to give you some help on songs that can push you a bit.
Actually, I've just had a look at your favourite bands: The Pretender is a good song to push you. The intro is structured around a weird shape, and will stretch your fingers for that, then for the cool riff that comes in, I play it upside down (like Herman Li) so I can play it on the B string and keep playing the e string open, then there's the chords, and the chorus, and the cool clean interludes inbetween. It's overall a great song to warm up your hands to. Not to mention the palm muting in the first verse. It's hard to do it all strumming down so that's a good warm up for your right hand too
Quote by A-G-guitarist
Actually, I've just had a look at your favourite bands: The Pretender is a good song to push you. The intro is structured around a weird shape, and will stretch your fingers for that, then for the cool riff that comes in, I play it upside down (like Herman Li) so I can play it on the B string and keep playing the e string open, then there's the chords, and the chorus, and the cool clean interludes inbetween. It's overall a great song to warm up your hands to. Not to mention the palm muting in the first verse. It's hard to do it all strumming down so that's a good warm up for your right hand too

OK cool I'll start on that over the next week. Thanks for the tips, and I love that song so I don't think I'll tire of it

The answer is in your question:

practice more, learn harder songs.

also, throw some scales in their too.

Thing is, I do know I have to practice more, but I just ened some help with some of the new techniques I should learn to get better. I will look up scales though, will be well worth learning them.