Hey, This is the second time that after a bit of guitaring etc i've got up the next day and found my left hand is ****ed and when i try an play feels like ive got muscle strain.

Is this normal for a noob, whos stepping up the playing. Is it just a case of building the muscles up or am i going for carple tunnel lol

Before you say it i wank with my right
Founder of the UG Church of Nihilists pm to join

Trust in me and fall aswell.
Quote by MH400
Wrist strain??

On guitar? Sureeee

I reckon it was epic fapping lol

I wish it was but this is the second time its happened recently, ****ing aches if i try and put a finger on a fret. I can still fap thou, 'sall good

tingly sensations? if so then could be RSI/carpol.

May be an attack of tendonitus, i dno see a doctor if it persists. And if it does hurt, dont play guitar/fap.
I get the wrist strain still, and ive been playing for 3 years. I've made a fast riff for my band (hardcore/metalcore) and I used to only be able to play it 4 times before my wrist committed suicide.

I kept at it, like playing it loads and loads. It's fine now, but I still get it whilst playing other fast riffs.

Just keep practicing, but don't play fast when your wrist is hurting, because it makes it much worse. Your wrist aching is a sign of you body telling you to stop (Similar to coughing when trying screamo with the wrong technique)

Hope this helps a bit
Quote by MH400
Wrist strain??

On guitar? Sureeee

I reckon it was epic fapping lol

people like to fap with their right hand usually...

or if your like me you can just fap with your feet
Quote by Polak
I had that a couple weeks ago. You've just over-used it; so teak a break for a couple of days, and you'll be back to normal soon!

Yea i think thats the case, im busy now trawling my ipod for songs to play lol

Quote by willy_99
make sure you warm up before you start playing, that should help

just start slowly n stuff, or stretch out my fingers lol?

Quote by Zeppellica
people like to fap with their right hand usually...

or if your like me you can just fap with your feet

Never heard of being left handed? Or using the infamous 'stranger' technique?
i found that if you commit a new thing to memory it doesnt hurt your wrist as much from playing sloppily
Quote by MightyAl
Never heard of being left handed? Or using the infamous 'stranger' technique?

well i figured the guy was right handed since the pain was in his left hand (which is most common for right handed guitar players)

edit: whats the stranger technique? i would like to know