I play alot of Megadeth but I can never play the whole song through. So im lookin for something tough or requires new techniques that I dont usually use but at the same time something were I wont have to skip the solo or something. Ive been playing for about 1 1/2 years now
maybe an atreyu song like Bleeding Mascara? the intro sweeps and solo aren't very challenging as sweeping goes.
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
well you could try some old Haste The Day stuff. Good suggestions:

American Love - Pretty simple, I can play it, lots of ho/po's and slides
When Everything Falls - Fast, awesome open-string palm-muted intro

Both of these songs also have some pinch harmonics placed here and there if you are interested in playing them. They're good songs, at least check them out.
I love how none of the songs posted yet are metal.

Hmm. Perhaps learn some old Metallica? They're songs are a lot easier than Megadeth's.

Maybe some old In Flames and Dark Tranquillity wouldnt hurt either, if you like Melodic death. Some Death would also be good. Bite the Pain is an all around pretty easy song, except for the solos (last time i checked, at least....).
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
^ Or Burning Angel?
It's pretty straight forward.. has triplets, hammer ons/pull offs, a pretty straight forward first solo..

It's by Arch Enemy... just incase you don't know
Just to let you guys know where Im at I can play th 1st and 3rd solo on hangar 18. I can play Run to the hills by iron maiden (without the solo because I dont have a wah or tremelo bar). Cray train without some of the solo.
Quote by Burning_Angel
Maybe some old In Flames...

Any songs that are pretty easy? I'm still kinda newbish, but I love me some IF. I can almost play the intro to Reflect The Storm, but that's about as close to Death Metal I've gotten so far.
Quote by Skillet_Panhead
Such an ignorant statement

Pfft. Haste the Day and Atreyu are pussy mallcore ****.

To the above, Reflect the Storm is nice... But I'd try some of the older songs. Suburban Me is really easy, and Colony would also be fun. Maybe Man Made God, too, if you want something a little tougher. Artifacts of the Black Rain and Moonshield are a bit tricky at first...
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Check out Celestial Completion or Emancipation by Extol. Both songs are fast paced and have some tough licks in them, great for practice.
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER