Sorry if theres already a thread like this (I tried searching).

I am buying a Jackson DXMG Dinky. It comes equipped with passive EMG-HZs or something. I have a set of Active 81/60 EMG pickups which I want to swap into it once I buy it.

What I was wondering is how much would this cost at a local store. I'm not sure if this matters but is there already a way to put the battery needed for the active set in the dinky? Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think the dinky's stock pickups uses a battery like the 81/60 set. Would the person installing them need to make an extra compartment or something in the body?

I know theres the DKMG which already has active EMGs, so please don't suggest that instead.
Ibanez RG350DX - ESP LTD EC-500

Peavey JSX 212 Combo - Digitech RP 250
what kind of battery are we talking? if it's to AA's you can probably put them under the pots or something..
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

It's a 9V battery. It took up a decent amount of space in the back of my ESP. Here it is for size.
Ibanez RG350DX - ESP LTD EC-500

Peavey JSX 212 Combo - Digitech RP 250
The dinkys original pickups are passive, meaning that they do not use a battery like active pickups. A 9v battery isnt too big, so there wont be any routing or bodywork needed, it will most likely just be placed in the control cavity where the volume and tone pots are. I installed 2 Emg 81's in my Bc.rich from the ****ty passive stock ones and there was literally no modification needed, theres just a battery inside one of the panels now.
The Set Up
1- Bc.Rich Nj Series Best w/Emgs
2-Ibanez v-blade, custom snakeskin
3-Fender Stratocaster
4-1986 Charvel Model 5
///
MXR Phase 90
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Dunlop crybaby original