but my options just kind of keep getting opened.

So imma just leave it at this.

I PROMISE THIS IS THE LAST THREAD.

I play hardcore/metalcore.

Which one of these 2?

or a Marshall 4x12 1960A Lead

I can get either or. i also plan on playing shows.

The marshall also has more wattage if that matters.
GEAR:
Schecter C-1 Plus (Emg 81/85)
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Bugera 6262 Head
Marshall 1960A Cab
Bad Monkey OD
ISP Decimator
if theres an option between something and a marshall, i would usually go for the marshall. im playing vox at the moment, and am very happy with them. but, if i was richer, i would for sure go for a marshall of any kind (except the mg series - eew).

hope this helps
I believe the Marshall has V30's in it as well so I would get that.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
neither of them

Earcandy Buzzbomb with the Green Machines
Vader 2x12
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
I like Basson Sound cabinets, myself. I've got a 1X12 with a Cannibus Rex speaker in it and it kicks major ass! And the nice thing about them is that they'll put any 12" speaker you want into any of their 1X12, 2X12, or 4X12 cabs.
Quote by Vermintide
In Soviet Russia, bar searches YOU!!!

The 1960 has G12T-75s in it unless it's a different model of the 1960.

I have one and really like it, sounds great with my Mark IV, but was eh with my 5150.

I'd probably go with the Avatar with your amp, since I always liked the sound of the 5150 over V30s.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Would the Avatar be fine for shows though? Would it be loud enough? or is it more than enough?

And is the V30 significantly better than the g12's?
GEAR:
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Bugera 6262 Head
Marshall 1960A Cab
Bad Monkey OD
ISP Decimator
out of those 2, if you're gigging with it, I would go with the Marshall 1960. Like mentioned already, a ton of bands use/have used them live, they are road proven cabinets.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
I'd go with the Avatar, because it's easier to handle and more affordable than the 1960. The 1960 is a great cab, put probably not worth two or three times the cost.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
I'd go with the Avatar, because it's easier to handle and more affordable than the 1960. The 1960 is a great cab, put probably not worth two or three times the cost.

if he's looking between those 2, he's probably getting the 1960 used. Lugging it around would be a PITA, but a closed back 4x12 works very well for the genres he plays. The 1960 can take a lot of abuse if he's gigging too.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
The 1960 really isn't too hard to carry. I mean I guess it could be for some people but I can easily carry it up and down stairs myself, it weighs 100lbs I do believe it says on the back.

The 2x12 will be plenty loud enough for gigs, there's not a huge difference in volume between a 2x12 and 4x12.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
The 1960 really isn't too hard to carry. I mean I guess it could be for some people but I can easily carry it up and down stairs myself, it weighs 100lbs I do believe it says on the back.

The 2x12 will be plenty loud enough for gigs, there's not a huge difference in volume between a 2x12 and 4x12.

Rub it in, mate. I guess I'm just a guitarist, not a manly he-fellow lifting fiend.

SpineEdit: Used 1960's go for $600 or so. That's about twice as much as a new Avatar 2x12", without shipping.
Quote by the.spine.surfs
Rub it in, mate. I guess I'm just a guitarist, not a manly he-fellow lifting fiend.

haha
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
the 1960 i can buy is 350 used.

and the avatar is 250.
GEAR:
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Bugera 6262 Head
Marshall 1960A Cab
Bad Monkey OD
ISP Decimator
Quote by the.spine.surfs

SpineEdit: Used 1960's go for $600 or so. That's about twice as much as a new Avatar 2x12", without shipping.

you're crazy to pay $600 for a used 1960. I almost bought one at GC of all places for $350. I got my Mesa Recto 4x12 used for $600 in mint condition.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by liam177lewis
if theres an option between something and a marshall, i would usually go for the marshall.

If there's an option between something and a Marshall, I generally stay away from the Marshall (I abide by the philosophy that Marshall hasn't released a great amp since the original JCM800). In the case of the 1960 it's a bit different as it's one of those things that really is a fantastic product. However I'm also firmly of the opinion that 412's are way too big and annoying (even the fantastic ones) and have to say that given the option of a 1960 or an Avatar 212 I'd jump on the Avatar (but if an EarCandy BuzzBomb were an option it would win without question).
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by Erock503
you're crazy to pay $600 for a used 1960. I almost bought one at GC of all places for $350. I got my Mesa Recto 4x12 used for $600 in mint condition.

It's perfectly possibbly that I'm just confused and tired. I'll gtfo now.
Given that maybe I don't care for weigh and could handle the marshall without a problem. Should I go for that?
GEAR:
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Bugera 6262 Head
Marshall 1960A Cab
Bad Monkey OD
ISP Decimator
Alright I decided to go with the Marshall 1960A due to it being closer.

A quick question with handling these things, can you lay them down on the back as opposed to like standing it up? ( When I pick it up and put it in a car.)

Kind of stupid question but I was just curious dont want to mess it up then I get home, and bamf money down the drain.
GEAR:
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Bugera 6262 Head
Marshall 1960A Cab
Bad Monkey OD
ISP Decimator
Last edited by Ryohazuki at Mar 21, 2008,