Ok people I need some help here.

I just recently got back into playing the guitar again. I've been away for quite some time doing other stuff and not touched it.

I need to get a good practice environment as it's such a pain in the arse currently setting my equipment up for an hours session. I want to be able to grab my axe plug it in and practice, practice, practice.

As you can see from my sig I've currently got a Marshall Valvestate 8080 (one of the originals) from when I was back in school.
It's been sat around and could do with a service as the sound keeps cutting in and out.
It's a bit of an overkill amp for me these days. I used to take it to school and be able to crank it up in the music room . But not anymore.
With a family and stuff I can't see myself using it how it should be.

I need to be able to practice with headphones so I was looking at the Vox AD-30VT as it's got headphone output and seems to get rave reviews around here.

So should I get the Marshall fixed and blow the walls out of my house or just use my Zoom pedal for headphone output or get the Vox and use the headphones through that?

And yes I will be getting a new guitar as well at some point as I've had the Yamaha for as long as the amp which is about 12 years!!!!
God if only I stuck with it for that time I could be touring the world!!!
Instead in real terms I've been playing about 8 months and touring Tesco's and many other good retail stores

Enough of the rambling!!!
Your help would be most appreciated.

Cheers,
Rich

Oh yeah I mostly play stuff from the following:
Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, Satch, Vai, Hendrix.
Gear:
- Yamaha RGX121D in black
- Schecter C1 in white
- Marshall Valvestate 8080
- Roland Cube 20x
- Zoom G1X
- Guitar Rig 3 (for practicing )
Last edited by mudfrog at Mar 20, 2008,
I had to unsolder each pot from the main board on my 8080. Clean each one and then solder it back. No amount of cleaning with them still attached worked.
I had issues with the pots just after I bought it if I remember. They were replaced I think. Can't remember. Sounds like a common issue with them then.

I'm leaning towards getting the Vox. Fixing the Valvestate and selling it on.
Gear:
- Yamaha RGX121D in black
- Schecter C1 in white
- Marshall Valvestate 8080
- Roland Cube 20x
- Zoom G1X
- Guitar Rig 3 (for practicing )