I need help with my distortion pedal.Could someone tell me about what to put each one of these knobs on to get a good sound but not overpowering.Im using it on fuzz and I have these knobs(Drive,Bottom,Tone,Level,Attack SHape,Heavy Octave).So I just need someone to tell me about what to put these knobs on cause I hate when it sounds too distorted and you cant tell the notes apart.
Quote by wildfire1871
I need help with my distortion pedal.Could someone tell me about what to put each one of these knobs on to get a good sound but not overpowering.Im using it on fuzz and I have these knobs(Drive,Bottom,Tone,Level,Attack SHape,Heavy Octave).So I just need someone to tell me about what to put these knobs on cause I hate when it sounds too distorted and you cant tell the notes apart.

u have to decide for yourself i would start somewhere around (time based)

drive = 10
bottom = 8-10
tone = 12
level = 12

... don't have attack, shape, heavy ocatve on mine so can't help you there. from there you have to play with it to find what you like personally. Also amp effects it alot when i got a new amp i had to change settings
you have to just mess around with it yourself. sofar we dont even know what kind of pedal you have or your amp or anything so you cant really get much help right now
Really the best thing to do with any pedal that you aren't getting a good tone with yet is to just sit down and set all the knobs to neutral, 12 o'clock positions. Then just thud away while slowly turning each knob one at a time, boosting or cutting as you need. You'll eventually find the tone you are looking for, and it will be better than any preset settings that you find on the interwebs.
Well, fuzz is the most distorted a signal gets by clipping before a pure square wave is reached. Try it on a milder overdrive setting.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
The pedal I have is a BOSS OD-20 and the amp I have is Fender.Not sure what kind though.Thanks for the help.