Hello, ive never posted here but recently ive had a problem that i cant stand anymore so here i am...
I play a Squier strat with a Seymour Duncan pearly gates bucker, through a boss ds-1 distortion and a Ibanez ts9 screamer pedal (both brand new) through a brand new fender hot rod deluxe and when i run just one of the pedals there is the usual hum but no feedback but as soon as i turn the second pedal on (either of them) at the same time i instantly get terrible feedback... not sure if its the guitar the amp or the effects, and the only way i can stop it and have both of the pedals on is to play constantly (doesn't feedback while i play) or turn the volume on the guitar down (which eats my tone) so if someone could help me a bit it'd be greatly appreciated...
maybe changing the order of the pedals will solve the problem, but not necessarily. Maybe the 2 pedals u use dont go together well.
use short and very good cables between the pedals, otherwise they "tune" with the disperded (is that the correct word?) electromagnetic field
timeo abstemios et dona ferentes

- lovermate: fender american stratocaster sunburnst
- powermate: marshall mg 30 dfx

- seiko tuner (sooo useful)
- korg metronome (keep fingers bleeding...)
yep just tried changing the order and not only does it still feedback, but it screws with the tone completely if you have em both on, and i also tried both of the pedals through the effects loop (forgot to mention i was running them straight through before) and while i dont get the terrible feedback, it completely ruins the tone of both pedals

just got the message about the cables and the one connecting the pedals is a nice 14 dollar dimarzio 6 incher and the other one is a ****ty hosa 4 dollar 9 inch cable... otherwise im using a monster cable for the guitar and... well ya cant go wrong with monster... think the other cable really matters?
Last edited by cchodur at Mar 20, 2008,
You will get feedback unless you throw a noise gate/suppressor in there somewhere. Right now there is too much gain in the signal path. Try a Boss NS-2. It won't effect your tone at all and it will get rid of that nasty feedback.
yeah... i kinda figured there'd be no easy way around it so besides the boss ns-2 i was planning on buying a electro-harmonix hum debugger, anyone have one of these or have any experience with this before i go buy a 120$ noise canceler?
Quote by cchodur
yeah... i kinda figured there'd be no easy way around it so besides the boss ns-2 i was planning on buying a electro-harmonix hum debugger, anyone have one of these or have any experience with this before i go buy a 120$ noise canceler?

I don't have experience with this pedal but EH makes very high quality products so I'm sure that this pedal is worth the money.
yeah, is there any other way around a noise canceller or is my best bet to just go with one of those
I really love pedals. But i just cant afford them. So i bought an rp-250. Its great. any ways off topic i sugest like a noise gate or something like that. I really helps.
You only die once. I figure just make the most of it while you're here.I've been through a lot of shi*, it's amazing I haven't shot myself in the head. But what doesn't kill you makes you stronger... that's so fuckin* cliche but so true