i'm not really sure what I am... Would you consider me a beginner, intermediate, or somethinh else?

I can play

Songs:
-Walk this way (intro)
-Same old song and dance (intro)
-Iron man (everything but solo)
-Smoke on the water (intro/main riff)
-Crazy Train (intro and part after that)
-Paint it Black
-Fly Away (main riff) (by Lenny Kravitz)
-(Maybe more that I forgot to put)

Techniques:
-Power chords
-Learning barre chords
-Practicing hammerons and pulloffs

Also, can you give me any suggestions of what I should do next? I'd appreciate it
im not saying you're bad but id have to say beginner.
try to learn full songs not just intros or just a few parts.
Send me off to bed forevermore.
Get off UG, stop worrying about dumb **** like this, and go play your guitar!
Quote by ollie_12318
my grandma is dying and my mum wants me to play something on bass for her, any body got any suggestions?!

Quote by splinter26
another one bites the dust has a pretty cool bass line
Definitely beginner, and I mean no offense by that.

More intermediate techniques would be learning scales as well as practicing vibrato, tremelo picking, alternate picking, etc.
Beginner
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Probably still beginner. What I would do next is just keep learning songs you want to know. Try to learn the full song insted of just the intro. And when you think you are ready, learn the minor pentatonic scale. It is the most used scale in all of rock lead guitar playing. So that will get you started with some lead playing.
"Blues is what you got when everything else is
gone." - J.Lansdowne
The funny thing is that while being called a beginner will upset somebody, it just shows me that I have more work to do which in my case is a good thing because practicing is actually enjoyable to me. Which by reading many other peoples posts elsewhere, they usually consider it a burden.

Any full song suggestions I should play?
And what should I try first?

-full songs
-vibrato
-tremelo picking
-alternate picking
Quote by Delanoir
Definitely beginner, and I mean no offense by that.

More intermediate techniques would be learning scales as well as practicing vibrato, tremelo picking, alternate picking, etc.

lol those are for sure also beginner techniques man...

OP: beginner.
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
Quote by Gawne4ever
The funny thing is that while being called a beginner will upset somebody, it just shows me that I have more work to do which in my case is a good thing because practicing is actually enjoyable to me. Which by reading many other peoples posts elsewhere, they usually consider it a burden.

Any full song suggestions I should play?
And what should I try first?

-full songs
-vibrato
-tremelo picking
-alternate picking

That's the perfect attitude to have, always try to think that way and you'll be miles ahead of other players.

What I would do is to try to learn songs you already know pretty well just from listening. It will help you a lot in learning how to actually play it since you'll have a good idea of how it's supposed to sound.

And as for which techniques to learn first, alternate picking is usually always quite useful. But as far as other techniques go, I would suggest learning some scales, too. Just find a guitarist whose style you really like, and learn songs where they're doing something you think sounds really cool.

But just running picking drills and practicing scales on a regular basis, the more boring stuff, will help your playing a lot more than just messing around and jamming to yourself.

Quote by nvranka
lol those are for sure also beginner techniques man...

I'm aware of that, but they're more advanced than what he's already doing.
Quote by adammarshall409
Get off UG, stop worrying about dumb **** like this, and go play your guitar!

+1
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.