Come on, you know it sounds awesome. I don't have much idea on the techniques involved. Could anyone provide any resources? Vids, tabs, websites, tips... whatever. I just can't seem to get anything right with thumping and popping.

Here's a vid I found as a start.
I'm looking for a tab of The Marshall Plan, by Blue Oyster Cult, and of Mario Minor, by Powerglove. If you have one please PM me.
it sounds much better on acoustic guitar..
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
There was a great article in guitar with a guy (Mike Scott I believe was his name) who played with Prince and now with Justin Timberlake about funk guitar and stuff like that. You should try and find it. I believe Alex Lifeson was on the cover and it came out about a year ago.
Yeah, I admit its way cooler on acoustic, but the acoustic board is slow as hell.
I'm looking for a tab of The Marshall Plan, by Blue Oyster Cult, and of Mario Minor, by Powerglove. If you have one please PM me.
I've seen Justin King and Erik Mongrain. All of them are fantastic. But does anyone have anything on learning how to do it? Watching the greats is inspiring, but I need some tabs or something.
Quote by CJRocker
There was a great article in guitar with a guy (Mike Scott I believe was his name) who played with Prince and now with Justin Timberlake about funk guitar and stuff like that. You should try and find it. I believe Alex Lifeson was on the cover and it came out about a year ago.

You didn't even say what the article was in
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by 666hamish666
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=8vdJvHE8qxA

theres a video of victor wooten and his brother in a guitar battle, its a VERY funky style of slap so that should give you quite a bit of inspiration

Personally i find wootens brothers playing to be tacky and sloppy, but slap guitar is sick nontheless.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by Woogles
You didn't even say what the article was in

oops, my bad, Thought I put it there. Guitar Player.