Hey,

currently half way through building a guitar, its a strat style shape, and i want to put a hard tail (NOT thru body) bridge on it. Can anyone tell me where i can find a decent hardtail (not thru body lol) bridge? i have thought about a tune-o-matic, but somebody once said that there no good for the strat style neck?

Many Thanks,

Matt
yeah, no tunomatic bridge unless you have a pitched neck, 4-5 degrees. string mounted hardtails are really ****ty. very rattly, alot of sympathetic buzz. do yourself a favor and go all the way with string-through, it will increase your sustain and you wont get any nasty buzzing. its easy to do, all oyu need is the bridge and some rear-string ferrules and 20 minutse with a drill and some bits.
How did you get half way through a build with out even deciding on the bridge?

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Ahh right, so a string thru is the way then? Anybody know of where I could get hold of some instructions regarding fitting one?

Cheers,

Matt

btw - the reason ive got halfway thru without deciding is because i built the body, shaped the neck, now im onto hardware. I invariably dont plan, just work in a chronological order.
The chronological order of building a guitar IS to plan it first, and gather at least the bridge and nut (if not all the hardware) before finalising a design...

I dont see how you can have the neck shaped at all with out having the bridge, but w.e

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
i aggree with the bridge IPPON sugested, that looks nice and its made for strat style bodys

go with that one, and its only twelve bucks, so why not try it,
if you dont like it then it was only a 12 dollar setback