i saw van halen a couple of weeks ago and was awsome and lou. do they give them ear plugs or something?
VAN HALEN FOR THE MUTHAF'ING WIN!

Anyways, I think it's their choice. The only band I am 100% sure of that wears earplugs is Metallica. Take it from a guy with tinnitus and who's ears are somewhat bad (worse than average) wear earplugs at all concerts you go to. Don't worry, it's not like you wont be able to hear the music. And your ears will thank you for it
Quote by Novacane...
I thought Van Halen had to cancel the tour because his playing was atrocious?

nah it was actually because david lee roth was actin like a jerk, and they didn't like it
Quote by chesta2323
do they give them ear plugs or something?

Most bands do wear earplugs, at least for some shows. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Van Halen did. The volumes they have on stage must cause physical pain.
Not this again. His writing style, tone, type of music, and writing are completly unique. Find another musician (notice I'm not using the word "band" or "guitarist") who sounds similar to Van Halen.
Quote by nedthehead
VAN HALEN FOR THE MUTHAF'ING WIN!

Anyways, I think it's their choice. The only band I am 100% sure of that wears earplugs is Metallica. Take it from a guy with tinnitus and who's ears are somewhat bad (worse than average) wear earplugs at all concerts you go to. Don't worry, it's not like you wont be able to hear the music. And your ears will thank you for it

my dad had tinnitus
I don't really wear earplugs at shows. I haven't noticed any hearing damage and I'd rather exprience the music at full throttle while I'm still young enough to enjoy it.