i was thinking about upgrading my starter guitar but i was wondering would it be worth it? like i have a fender strat squire. they neck is kinda small but its been pretty good. but are starter guitars even upgradable? do guys even mess with them?

could you upgrade a starter guitar to make it just as good as another guitar and sell it for more?
I doubt you will sell it for more, I wouldnt be interested in anything squire labelled as 'customised' or improved in any way.

It depends on the specs of the guitar, you can always change the pups, locking tuners, can go as far as graphite nuts and string saddles etc. All depends on what you have and what you want.

You could always save for a very good guitar.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
most people hand'em down to younger siblings. others set them on fire. others hand'em down to younger siblings who then set them on fire. about the only upgrade you should do on a starter guitar is change the strings once in a while. just save some money and get a nicer guitar, it's really not worth spending money on a piece of crap. then again, i'm sure that there are people who will argue both points.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
so its better to just build a guitar from better parts than to add new parts to an existing starter guitar. got it ;-)
with mine i didn't do much, just changed the strings and stuff around with the bridge. it sounds pretty good for a starter. i've been using it for over 3 years now and haven't really bothered with a guitar
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
Quote by psychokiller99
most people hand'em down to younger siblings. others set them on fire. others hand'em down to younger siblings who then set them on fire. about the only upgrade you should do on a starter guitar is change the strings once in a while. just save some money and get a nicer guitar, it's really not worth spending money on a piece of crap. then again, i'm sure that there are people who will argue both points.

Aww, c'mon. I've got a Squier strat that I've upgraded to hell and I love it. The tone on it is rocking and the thing keeps tune fine even with excessive tremolo action.
Quote by Kensai
Racism... against the human race? Sure, go ahead
hi,i gotta agree with psychokiller unfortunately with guitars you usually get what you pay for.if i were you i would'nt even consider upgrading the pups or anything like that,i'd just save,save,save and aim for hitting the middle price range guitars and even at that make sure you try 'em all before you buy!!your other option would be a top of the range second hand.i have learned that quality guitars get better through ageing so thats something to consider aswell.anywhoo good luck in finding your stradavarius