Page 1 of 2
so yeah im going to fly to the states (im from mexico) but i'm afraid of planes...any tips to be relaxed during the trip?
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Try not to think of the flight so much. Listen to music and read do other things to take your mind off it.
LTD EC-400VF
Ibanez RG321MHRB
2005 Epiphone Vintage SG G400
MXR EVH Phase 90
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DD-7
Korg Pitchblack
Marshall JVM215C
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
If you enjoy reading bring a good book with you and read the whole trip. It takes your mind of things. Works for me, I also dislike flying and had a fear of it but that seems to be gone more or less now.
Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves.
bring gum, when your ears pop for the first time and you freak out, it'll help
Quote by its_alive
Lighten up.

The Pit>Professionals

Quote by meh!
Wow, the rape wagon. The wagon sounds like the best wagon in town
Watch final destination...?

But seriously, yeah take something like a book. Or better, starve yourself of sleep the night before so you will nap the whole way
Quote by mustaineNslash
i know this sounds stupid but...
wheres the sig button??

(sry)

thanks
Quote by Vagabond21

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
you think you're afraid....once you get on it you will enjoy the flight. It's not scary at all. You look out the window and see the beautiful sky......ok i sound like a hippie. Dont worry dude. Im sure you will enjoy but bring a couple of magazines. Unfortanently, electronics are not allowed to be turend on as i remeber when i was 10 i think it messes up the plane signel or something.....
Quote by nasstyman
i busted a g-string while fingering a minor...
Quote by 18zzz18
REPLY DUDE! YOU COULD BE THE SAVIOUR OF THE EARTH AND ALL OF MANKIND! (:
0h @nd U M@Y H@V3 2 T@LK L1K3 TH1S..... 1TZ TH3 L@NGU@G3 0F TH3 FUTUR3
Quote by RMC06
My old band teacher once called me a penis wrinkle.
pretend you're on a bus.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
that's what i usually do the day before flying but my computer didn't work last night so i didn't found anything to do...yeah i have to go to the airport in a hour :S
Quote by Vagabond21

Quote by tremeloud

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Where you goin?

Fender Strat
Alexi Laiho ESP

Quote by Doolittle
one time i masturbated into a pumpkins. needless to say
PWNED

Follower of the UG Faith, PM me to join!
Quote by MetallicGod07
you think you're afraid....once you get on it you will enjoy the flight. It's not scary at all. You look out the window and see the beautiful sky......ok i sound like a hippie. Dont worry dude. Im sure you will enjoy but bring a couple of magazines. Unfortanently, electronics are not allowed to be turend on as i remeber when i was 10 i think it messes up the plane signel or something.....

actually they are allowed after 2 000 feet i think, dont remember, but they tell you.
Quote by Vagabond21

Quote by tremeloud

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Quote by Triquad
Where you goin?

san antonio, texas
Quote by Vagabond21

Quote by tremeloud

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Don't think about it. The more you think about it and look into it, the more scared you'll be.

Just think of all the thousands of planes that are in the air at any one time, what are the odds of YOURS or ANY of them crashing?
youre not afraid of flying, youre afraid of falling out of the sky to your death

even then, youre only scared itll hurt

k, not reassuring, sorry.

i'd say a book, or the film, or the hostesses
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by magnum1117
actually they are allowed after 2 000 feet i think, dont remember, but they tell you.
ohhhhhhhi couldn't help but what someone posted above is it true? You chew on gum on a plane and your ears pop?!?!?
Quote by nasstyman
i busted a g-string while fingering a minor...
Quote by 18zzz18
REPLY DUDE! YOU COULD BE THE SAVIOUR OF THE EARTH AND ALL OF MANKIND! (:
0h @nd U M@Y H@V3 2 T@LK L1K3 TH1S..... 1TZ TH3 L@NGU@G3 0F TH3 FUTUR3
Quote by RMC06
My old band teacher once called me a penis wrinkle.
Quote by somethingcool76
bring gum, when your ears pop for the first time and you freak out, it'll help

If you can make yourself yawn do it a lot, gum is also a good idea.

Dont worry much about it, it'll go fine.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by MetallicGod07
ohhhhhhhi couldn't help but what someone posted above is it true? You chew on gum on a plane and your ears pop?!?!?

no, have u ever gone hiking? remember the thing u feel in your ears ?its the same sensation, gum is usefull if u dont want to have that sensation
Quote by Vagabond21

Quote by tremeloud

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
youre not afraid of flying, youre afraid of falling out of the sky to your death

even then, youre only scared itll hurt

k, not reassuring, sorry.

i'd say a book, or the film, or the hostesses

true...
Quote by Vagabond21

Quote by tremeloud

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
^You're an asshole. Does your mom tell you you're funny? She's lying. I'm embarrassed that you like Tool.

Keep in mind that planes very rarely "crash" and that even when they do, you are statistically more likely to survive than not.

Also, cell phones and other electronic devices do not and cannot interfere with the plane's gear. The only reason they don't want you to use them is because they are intentionally over-cautious.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Last edited by Vornik at Mar 20, 2008,
Quote by MetallicGod07

your ears go weird and numb with the pressure changes - if you pinch your nose and blow hard, they pop, but that hurts. i recommend bringing a big bag of sweets to suck on, or lollipops. if you suck hard on something, it'll keep the pressure ok in your ears and they won't go weird.

the same thing happens if you go on the channel tunnel from dover to france, or go up and down big hills, or through tunnels on a fast train...it's not a big deal. just suck some sweets so it doesn't affect you. swallowing helps.

edit: about electronics - you're not allowed to use a mobile phone or a device with internet or blue tooth, but using a laptop, mp3 player or so on is absolutely fine. you're just not allowed them during takeoff and landing.

also, bringing something to read or sleeping works fine. it's a beautiful view if it's cloudy and your plane goes above the clouds, like being surrounded by glowing cotton wool with a bright blue sky above you
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Quote by aleb
Watch final destination...?

But seriously, yeah take something like a book. Or better, starve yourself of sleep the night before so you will nap the whole way

That never works for me. Last summer I went to Mexico with a friend and we left at like 6ish on July 5th. Well on the night of the 3rd I could hardly sleep because I was exited and then on the 4th I was out hanging with friends and setting off fireworks and stuff until like 3 in the morning and after that we drove to the airport, caught our flight and I COULD NOT ****ING SLEEP on the plane. That made for a really long day.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
just dont think of it as a plane, really it kinda feels like a really smooth car ride with amazing views
my first flight was last year and now i love the whole experience, even the airport
You know, you can take some pills for that. Its easy, you just take it a couple hours before you go on the plane and it controls the nerves and keeps you calm. Forgot what its called but thats what my sister is doing for the trip we are going on.

The psychiatrist prescribed it because she was terrified of flying
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
I love to fly, but I do it a LOT. I've been flying alone at least a few times a year since I was six, so it doesn't affect me much. I will instead give you things to keep your mind off of the plane ride.
If you like to draw or read, bring along a sketch pad or a book. If you bring an mp3 player and sit back and close your eyes, you won't even notice you're on a plane. And sometimes, you'll get seated next to interesting people that you can talk to. If you get a window seat, I recommend asking someone to trade, since looking out the window will probably not be a good idea if you're scared.
Powered fixed wing flight: Statistically the safest form of travel in the world. And you're getting that from someone who wants to make planes safer. I am tha skycar authoritah!
Quote by MetallicGod07

No, you just have to turn it off before they get up to a desired altitude and when they start descending.
i just flew in from florida last week and im afraid of flying but i got through it. the thing that freaks me out is how unnatural it seems. i got through it easily cause it was a 5. am flight, and i didnt sleep the night before, i managed to even sleep through takeoff.
Honestly, once you get on the plane and take off, it's not that bad. I'm afraid of flying, but after taking a 26 hour train ride, I like the plane better.

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
Listen to Learn to Fly by Foo Fighters.
"Satan isn't inside a guitar pick. He's in here. In our hearts. He's what makes us not want to go to work, or excercise or tell the truth." -
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I wish I was gay.

Quote by cashewchaching
Even though he's an ugly woman, my favorite is john mayer.
Quote by magnum1117
so yeah im going to fly to the states (im from mexico) but i'm afraid of planes...any tips to be relaxed during the trip?

Aren't you the rebel. Most people traveling from Mexico to San Antonio swim.
Quote by Vornik
^You're an asshole. Does your mom tell you you're funny? She's lying. I'm embarrassed that you like Tool.

Keep in mind that planes very rarely "crash" and that even when they do, you are statistically more likely to survive than not.

Also, cell phones and other electronic devices do not and cannot interfere with the plane's gear. The only reason they don't want you to use them is because they are intentionally over-cautious.

Not 100% true. Cell phones can wipe out GPS reception. But the main reason you can't use cell phones in flight in the US is because the FCC has banned the use of them at 1500' AGL. It confuses the cell towers.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Just think that you're more likely to get run over by a car rather than dying on a plane.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Page 1 of 2