ok, I'm asking for some advice here, now the story is that I've pretty much finished paying off this really nice tanglewood custom tele (tobacco burst, neck HB, vintage bridge) at my local guitar shop (lay-away, how i love thee), but only yesterday i saw an alpine white epi Les Paul custom for the same price as the tele and I'm really tempted to change my choice of guitar (which is allowed on the paying scheme I'm on).
i mainly play classic rock and some metal, and even though i already have an epi explorer i really want another humbucker guitar.
so please help me out here!
Quote by FunkasPuck
i swear, we are like the small gloucestershire village of the internet: we try god bless us, but we are about 5 years behind the rest of the world.
is the telecaster a fender? a custom fender telecaster? if so...i would not swap to an epiphone...
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
if you play metal and classic rock, a humbucker would be nice. But then again you already have an Epi Explorer and the telecaster will sound very different. And some say variety is the spice of life.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
Quote by KryptNet
But then again you already have an Epi Explorer and the telecaster will sound very different. And some say variety is the spice of life.

you see this is my problem, even though the tele has a humbucker in the neck it won't be the same, then again that could be a good thing
Quote by FunkasPuck
i swear, we are like the small gloucestershire village of the internet: we try god bless us, but we are about 5 years behind the rest of the world.
sorry to bump but i forgot to mention I'll soon be lead guitarist in a punk band, if that helps at all
Quote by FunkasPuck
Quote by LSD23
sorry to bump but i forgot to mention I'll soon be lead guitarist in a punk band, if that helps at all
well in punk I doubt you'll use the neck humbucker a lot. The single coil will get you a nice trebly raspy british punk sort of sound. But I'm not too sure it's that popular these days. And largely dependent on your gear/amp too. The epi will probably get you a throatier but still raspy distortion. I used to use a 335 for a punk band back in the day(before that was popular damnit! )

So in this respect...go back...sit down and play with those two and stare at both of them for a long time. You're bound to come out with a final decision on which one you feel more intimate with. Not kidding...it's not all about sound which can be replicated with FX/setup. In the end, you're going to get more out of your guitar with whichever you feel more of an emotional connection to, whether it's because of the tone, neck feel, color, look, whatever. I'm looking for a new guitar too so I'm in the same boat so hope it helps.
Gear:
Inflatable Guitar
Digitech GSP 2101/Mosvalve 962/Yamaha S412V
My Imagination
cheers man, that's one of the most helpful responses i've seen in a thread like this all week
Quote by FunkasPuck