I heard somewhere on here not too long ago that if you hook up an extension pedal to the Boss PS-5 Pitch Shifter that you would have a Whammy Pedal pretty much. Is there any advantage to doing this? For example, does the harmony or octaving sound better using a pedal and a Pitch Shift? Or would I be better off just getting the Whammy?

Thanks
uuuhhhh i'd just get the whammy. KISS it dude....

(keep it simple stupid)

best way to do it! hope i helped bro!
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Well it doesn't really make sense, because after you buy a PS-5 and an expression pedal it'll end up costing about the same as a Whammy.

As for your question, I'm not entirely sure, but I imagine it would work a bit better with an expression pedal.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Just save up alot and go for a wh1 or wh2 whammy, thats the whammy you hear on most records, so much smoother.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
The PS-5 is capable of being used as a basic and/or intelligent harmonizer. That's what it's going to come down to. The Whammy has a basic harmonizer and the well-known whammy effects (up 1 or 2 octaves, down 1-3 octaves, etc.). If you don't know what an intelligent harmonizer is and don't care, then get the whammy.

Quote by cliff_em_all
Just save up alot and go for a wh1 or wh2 whammy, thats the whammy you hear on most records, so much smoother.

Not worth it. I couldn't justify spending $400+ on the WH1. It sounds slightly smoother and a bit more natural, but that's it. The WH-4 has more features than the WH1 and the Whammy II. Most people wouldn't even be able to hear the difference between the WH-1 and the WH-4 anyway. Unless you want to buy into the hype, go ahead and spend $400+ on the original.