Well, pit, I know alot of you lot are drummers aswell as furious fret masturbators.
i have no room for a large drumkit and secondly wouldnt ever be able to play it because i only really have free time after 9/10 pm, stupid part time job. And i want to learn drums/have been leaning on a small ****ty starter set i have in my garage, for like small periods of time when it eithe rno flooded, freezing or woktime.

So the obvious solution is to get one of these beauties and practice silently in my room. Also makes recording easy i hear. I have about 500 pounds to spend. I tried one in Sound Control, it was a roland, not sure of the model number. Loved it, immediatley set about getting one.

Few questions about them.

Can i buy extra cymbals for them? like ones that make china sounds etc etc, same with extra toms?

Anyone with exprience...how easy are they to pack up and put away/transport (for when i go to uni)?

Are they worth such a high price?

What would be a suitable drumstick to buy for them, i would normally go for somehting like a 5b but would a heavy one damage the trigger pads?

Im looking at a yahama dtxplorer. looks excellent for the money,compared to toher prices.
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/yamaha-dtxplorer/66948
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
lmao not even 1 view, guess you guys really dont like drums! lmao.
Gear:
You can't really do too much with an electric drum kit, it's just not the same.
There is a set of those at my church and they sound terrible. I guess if you're just going to practice then it would be alright but if you want decent sounding electronic drums check out the Roland V-Drums. Also the number of accessories you can put on it depends on your drum machine. Some drum machines will only have enough plugs for a stock setup while others will have a few more options for add ons (IE a tom or a cymbal).
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
I have a Roland V-Drum kit, it's the basic 5-piece kit with the lower-end module. The sound and feel are both alright. It's nice to learn on, but it's still not the same.

Yes, you can purchase more cymbals and toms, but you need to have enough extra slots on the module to plug them into.
Get one that sends MIDI. Hook it up to a computer with a sequencer like Cubase with ezdrummer or similar. This will give you the most realistic drumsound without having a real drumkit.
Make sure the heads are mesh heads, they recoil like real skins so that acoustic to electric useres can still roll aswell and get the respone and vica-versa.
You should be able to program one of the crashs to a china. However chinas are only good for breakdowns. Sometimes the recoil on the bass drum can be bad, so turn up the sensitivity on it for double bass pedal, bass rolls etc.

All in all, electric kits are great fun, only really go for a roland v8 or yamaha dtmexpress(i think thats what they are) and if not get one with mesh heads.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Roland TD-6V is what I have, and the only thing thats not great about it , is that only the snare is mesh, toms are rubber, but pretty durable.
hi-hat broke once, but roland gave me a new one a week later.
right, so i can upgrade if i have the slots for it ok.

Well i really cant push the money bank past 600, ill get alot of money form work over easter but i have stuff i need to pay off, and im effectivley setting up a college fund aswell.

Ok
Quote by soul_power
There is a set of those at my church and they sound terrible. I guess if you're just going to practice then it would be alright but if you want decent sounding electronic drums check out the Roland V-Drums. Also the number of accessories you can put on it depends on your drum machine. Some drum machines will only have enough plugs for a stock setup while others will have a few more options for add ons (IE a tom or a cymbal).

So the yahama set is bad? how bad exactly? i could stretch to the roland set thats 599, because its free shipping atm.
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/roland-td-3kw/11847

What exactly constitutes for the massive price diffferences in the sets, i mean you can go all the way up to 2 and a half grand, but the set looks the same!
Gear:
Quote by x0rsist
Well, pit, I know alot of you lot are drummers aswell as furious fret masturbators.
i have no room for a large drumkit and secondly wouldnt ever be able to play it because i only really have free time after 9/10 pm, stupid part time job. And i want to learn drums/have been leaning on a small ****ty starter set i have in my garage, for like small periods of time when it eithe rno flooded, freezing or woktime.

So the obvious solution is to get one of these beauties and practice silently in my room. Also makes recording easy i hear. I have about 500 pounds to spend. I tried one in Sound Control, it was a roland, not sure of the model number. Loved it, immediatley set about getting one.

Few questions about them.

Can i buy extra cymbals for them? like ones that make china sounds etc etc, same with extra toms?

Anyone with exprience...how easy are they to pack up and put away/transport (for when i go to uni)?

Are they worth such a high price?

What would be a suitable drumstick to buy for them, i would normally go for somehting like a 5b but would a heavy one damage the trigger pads?

Im looking at a yahama dtxplorer. looks excellent for the money,compared to toher prices.
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/yamaha-dtxplorer/66948

You can buy like equipment which lets you change the sounds of the kit so i presume you can get more parts for them.

It doesn't matter what size of sticks you use but the pads don't have the same feel as a normal head.

Yeah you can pack them up easy enough, you need an amp and stuff for them but since your a guitarist/bassist shouldn't be aproblem.

EDIT: by the way you NEVER use an electric kit for a gig so i wouldn't be bothered about the sound a whole lot. You can fiddle with the settings on the module or the amp to get it the way you want.
Right well ive weighed up the pros and cons about them, just home from work, and ive decided its gonne be the yahama, im a beginner, and i dont reckon sound quality etc etc will mean much to me.

Fathers creditcard in hand, my wagees in the other...this is your last chance ug! any suggestions make them now!!

You have t-minus 5 mins and counting!!!!
Gear:
I'm warning you, you will look like an absolute pillock if you play it live, or with people in your room.
Quote by Pwnage-er
I'm warning you, you will look like an absolute pillock if you play it live, or with people in your room.

ah well, who cares, theres no creeps staring through my window at me as i play!
Gear:
i just played one today, its really not even comparible to the real thing but if its the only option, i gess u should buy it
I tried, it's just not the same, as mentioned before.

There's just nothing that can compare to actual drums, thee's so much natural modification you can do to get your exact sound. Sure, you can do that quicker on an electric kit, but there's just the crippling realisation that somewhere, someone has the exact same sound.

I also enjoy bashing the **** out of ride cymbals as if they're crashes, but you can't do that electrically.
Quote by gorecore=me
is a bidet a type of crisp?
well to be honest im not going to be able to do much with drums in a university dorm room, i can pack this **** away and fold in a suitcase!

Payments gone through, ****s on the way. I

t will be a hell of alot better than the hunk o junk i got in a charity shop for 50quid thats sitting in my garage doing nowt because i can never be arsed to haul myself out there in the cold and dark past all the rubbish in my garage! It doesnt even have a ride cymbal and half of the toms cant have their bottom skins secured because i cant get the screws anywhere! lmao!
Gear: