okay i started this awile ago, and failed to update the project.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=793893

So, i did the roundover on the front and back, shaped the contours with an angle grinder, shaped the neck with rasp/shinzu blade. did about 13 coats of polyurethane high gloss finish, finish sanded with 1200 grit sandpaper, no burnthroughs, buffed it for about 20 minutes on a big wheel. put in my new lil killers from GFS. awesome. big fat reverse headstock, looks awesome. action is set at 2/32 - 3/32 at the 12th fret, with no buzz. everything mounted together perfectly.

here it is at the spraybooth, drying, with wes in the background goofing off.

here it is, all done!

andddddd mp3, its the first one on the list. used all 3 pickups in it.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=464199
Wow, that looks and sounds unbelievable. How is the action? Man, I wish I knew how to do that ... but then again I wish I knew how to do a lot of things. Life is sad....
woah, that neck is beautiful.... did u carve it out? or like buy it from warmoth or sumthin?
Make a joyful noise.

Guild M-30

Peavy Audition 110 amp hey, i'm actually proud of this one.
boss ME-50
www.iamterrified.com
no way dude. its all handmade. its sugar maple. doesnt come figured very often. i shaped it with a rasp and file set. no need to say sandpaper. I sanaded it up to 2400 grit sandpaper, raised the grain about 8 times at 320 and 400. put on about 20 coats of tung oil. the body i used vintage amber diluted in water, 1 squirt and 30 drops per 1/4 cup water.
Last edited by LP Addict at Mar 21, 2008,
Supershweet.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Looks and sounds awesome, great job!
Gear:
Cort AD-850 NS
MIM Strat
Cube 30x
such a beutifal guitar words cannot propaly decribe what i think of this ellegent beast
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
makin' necks always beats buyin' 'em...just look how that turned out.

EDIT: what pickups?
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
GFS lil' killers.

I highly un-recommend them =]

I used all guitar fetish gear for this guitar, and I never will, ever again. Maybe some of their retro humbuckers or lipstick tubes, but the high-output picks and the 5-lead pickups are all crap. the wires are so thin, its really hard to get them to soder correctly and stay un-frayed. tuners blow. bridge is good, because its wilkinson and not guitar fetish. pickguard looks cheasey, the pearl tops are coming off of the knobs, the 3 3-way switches that came with the pickguard from GFS melted as soon as i touched solder to a pin, ferrules are okay though.
Quote by Dok Waw
What's the LP on ur name for?

You cant be serious..?

What bridge is that BTW? Hipshot?

Amazin build

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
did you make the pickups bridge and tuning pegs?

just kidding looks awesome

edit: sounds awesome too
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
Quote by LP Addict
no way dude. its all handmade. its sugar maple. doesnt come figured very often. i shaped it with a rasp and file set. no need to say sandpaper. I sanaded it up to 2400 grit sandpaper, raised the grain about 8 times at 320 and 400. put on about 20 coats of tung oil. the body i used vintage amber diluted in water, 1 squirt and 30 drops per 1/4 cup water.

that is AWESOME.
for the wood of you neck did you chop down a tree? if so, did you use a chainsaw, a hatchet or your BARE HANDS?
Quote by hisjap2003
that is AWESOME.
for the wood of you neck did you chop down a tree? if so, did you use a chainsaw, a hatchet or your BARE HANDS?

You forgot teeth ...
nice job man, looks awesome
Gear
ESP Ltd EC-256
Takamine G-40
Boss NS-2
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Classic OD
MXR 10-Band EQ
Boss TU-3
B 52 AT-100
B 52 AT 412A