What words or topics/ subjects start off and create a good song? any techniques?
Last edited by BrownHendrix13 at Mar 21, 2008,
I think a bunch of words starts up a good song. Specially if it is a bunch of words! Like.. Arctic Monkeys' 'From the Ritz to the Rubble' (hear it!) where it's floating with words while the music is setting up the mood and preparing for the bim bam BLASSTT where the song really starts and comes all together..

Otherwise the word 'grandma' should start off a song pretty good!
Quote by zadzior
Sir, Awesome stuff. You have my respect!
Quote by neon-black
aw i love your song! sell it n' it would deffo be a smash!
Quote by veggiederek
this is great. you've got the words!
Quote by kiaraiswicked
... Wauw... It really paints a picture and leaves the rest up to the imagination!
write about whetever you see around you. is there anything in particular you want to write about?
don't drink and drive, smoke and fly. actually, do both, if that's what you want. i won't care.
Just be like Slipknot's 'Before I Forget' and shout 'GO!'

Lets people know that there is, indeed, a song commencing.
All your base are belong to us.
another really good idea is to get really high and write down what you see, and then compile it into a song later.
don't drink and drive, smoke and fly. actually, do both, if that's what you want. i won't care.
i gess lookin around and writing down what i see could work. but isnt the "Go!" kinda plajarizing Slipknot? or is it just a way to start up the song like the classic "1, 2, 1234!"
Subdivide and go "1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8!"......Or a simple UGH, OH or HEY
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Xp3ns1v3
Just be like Slipknot's 'Before I Forget' and shout 'GO!'

Lets people know that there is, indeed, a song commencing.

AGREED. or you can shout "ONE TWO THREE FOUR" really loudly like others have mentioned. that also lets people know there is a song commencing
Quote by obeythepenguin
You win this thread. Pipe organs FTW.

Quote by ShadesOfGray
Let's take it one step further and add a slogan:

Big Bach is listening you!
I write political lyrics. It totaly passes everytime Thrash.

I love also lyrics about a dead pirate on a ghost ship in the sea or smth. My new song will be with that theme.
guys any of you know the song deep in my soul by acosta russell can you give the lyrics and chords to me i realy like this song.....
Just go up there, make everyone look real solemn, then get the vocalist to go wide-eyed and scream convincingly, "What the f*** is that!" while pointing to a corner far away.

Then the whole band explodes as loud as possible.
omfg thats the best idea evvverrrr
The God of Rock watches every1, that includes u!! The jesters do all the rockin while the God sits his butt in his chair screamin 4 more
First of all put them in a room(cell)

Chords:

standard Em,
E7~ : x7678x
A7 : fifth fret
A : fifth fret
G : third fret

Play,

Em \ E7~ \ A7 \ A \
G \ A7 \ A \ E7~

This could be a good exercise.

Finally, Let them free.
Last edited by CandyMann at May 4, 2008,
try to write about something that interests you. yell out your 1 2 3 4 **** and go right into it. hope this helps.
if the voices in my head would give me a break every once in a while, well... i just might go fucking insane.