i want to buy an amp for just my bedroom and i would prefer good distortion for classic and modern rock and budget is up to 250 usd dollars
If your focus is more on modern rock, then the Roland Cube 30.

If your focus is more on classic rock, then the Palomino V8 and a nice overdrive.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
As long as you don't play anything super br00tal a Blackheart Little Giant should work for you.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
I second the Roland Cube suggestion. Though if you can up the budget a little, I would highly suggest you get the Cube 60 in case you join a band anytime soon. It's one of the few solid states that are actually decent in a band situation.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
If its strictly bedroom, and you want something cheap, Go with the cube. Ive been using mine for a couple years now and I love it.
Gear:
ESP/LTD EC1000 (w/ EMG 81 and 60)
ESP/LTD H500 (w/SD Custom 5 and 59)
Fender MIM Strat (basically my first. Never play it.)
Traynor YCV80 4x10
Peavey 6505 2x12 combo

Half Stacks are OVER-Rated
I wouldn't get bullet's marshall suggestion, since in your price range it's either a used Valvestate, or an MG. I'd suggest a blackheart little giant, the mini-stack version of course.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
I wouldn't get bullet's marshall suggestion, since in your price range it's either a used Valvestate, or an MG. I'd suggest a blackheart little giant, the mini-stack version of course.

Are blackhearts any good just by themselves? I'd like to replace my Peavey Backstage(crap) sometime, would it be good to play through a Digitech processor?
Gear:
Godin Freeway Classic
Ibanez Concord Acoustic
Roland Cube 30x
Zoom G2
Last edited by AllanM at Mar 20, 2008,
It's very good for anything up to hard rock on its own, but it can get pretty heavy with an OD
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.