10,000 BC sucked balls.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
10,000 b.c. wasn't as bad as everyone says. It's enjoyable, though I heard Bank Job was pretty good. I mean, come on. It has JASON STATHAM!

Go watch Bank Job, and come back and tell me how it was.
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
10,000 BC is absolutely horrible.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I saw 10,000 BC a week ago and it pretty much went nowhere. Not a movie that I enjoyed, so I would say go see Bank Job. I am kind of interested to see that movie myself.
The only thing I liked about 10,000 BC was the chick's eyes were ****ing amazing.
Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Be a man and go take a shit on someone's car.

Quote by Fate_of_Mind
I skimmed through, saw pregnancy test, and "why is there blood". I'm going to assume you just punched her in the ovaries, problem solved.

Xbox Live GT: VRSlashGnR
WHat was wrong with it? can someone explain more in depth then "it sucks", please
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by iSlash
The only thing I liked about 10,000 BC was the chick's eyes were ****ing amazing.

dude i totally agreee
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
>

Go see The Bank Job.
-\_/-
Quote by Fred1000000
BlackZeppelin is like Ghandi. With a bigger sense of humor.
it's the silence between the notes that makes the music.
Quote by floppypick
WHat was wrong with it? can someone explain more in depth then "it sucks", please

It is inaccurate in just about every aspect one would expect the movie to depict: geology, anthropology, history, etc.

The development of characters are so superficial that one couldn't care less what happens to any of them. There are no real connections made to sway an audience from indifference.

The ending is just the fitting corn of this feces of a movie. The notion of the "magical spirits" that brings the main female role back to life from a sure death is utterly ridiculous, especially in a movie that makes no other supernatural establishments.

In short, the movie is a trite work produced by what seems to be 3rd graders who have not yet taken any real social study courses. The ending gives the impression of a mistake trying to fix a previous mistake. "Whoops, I made her die. But the movie has to end happy somehow, because I have no idea how to make an even remotely provoking statement. I'll just make her come back to life, just 'cuz."

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
It is inaccurate in just about every aspect one would expect the movie to depict: geology, anthropology, history, etc.

The development of characters are so superficial that one couldn't care less what happens to any of them. There are no real connections made to sway an audience from indifference.

The ending is just the fitting corn of this feces of a movie. The notion of the "magical spirits" that brings the main female role back to life from a sure death is utterly ridiculous, especially in a movie that makes no other supernatural establishments.

In short, the movie is a trite work produced by what seems to be 3rd graders who have not yet taken any real social study courses. The ending gives the impression of a mistake trying to fix a previous mistake. "Whoops, I made her die. But the movie has to end happy somehow, because I have no idea how to make an even remotely provoking statement. I'll just make her come back to life, just 'cuz."

Ah thank you very very much

I'll go see the bank job when I go next week then

3 smileys ftw!
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
10,000 BC was on a level of shit never reached before. What the Epic/Date/Sports/Superhero movies are to comedy, 10,000 BC is to action.
I actually didn't think 10,000 BC was that bad. They never made claims of any historical accuracy and said it was pretty much fantasy themselves. If you are going to butcher 10,000 BC for historical "innaccuracy," you might as well to the same for the Lord of the Rings, but of course you won't.

Outside that, it was pretty good to me, although I probably like it most because I was just staring at Camilla Belle the whole time.

Having said that, if any other actress played the role of Evolet, I probably would have thought the movie was not very good, but Camilla's existance in the movie warrants my praise.
Last edited by johnpetrucci05 at Mar 20, 2008,
Camilla Belle is so hot

Too bad her eyes really AREN'T blue
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
The Bank Job.

Jason Statham movies cannot be bad. They can only be not as good as other Jason Statham movies.

the Bank Job was great.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Quote by Jersey_Zombie
Camilla Belle is so hot

Too bad her eyes really AREN'T blue

She is still unbelievably hot, best on the planet easy. If she had blue eyes in real life, all other girls might as well just give-up being pretty. I don't even think I remember what the movie was about, I was just in awe the whole time.
Quote by johnpetrucci05
I actually didn't think 10,000 BC was that bad. They never made claims of any historical accuracy and said it was pretty much fantasy themselves. If you are going to butcher 10,000 BC for historical "innaccuracy," you might as well to the same for the Lord of the Rings, but of course you won't.

I won't because LOTR clearly asserts itself as a fantasy novel/film in its own fictional universe. There are no implications that it is trying to be realistic and secular. 10,000 BC, on the other hand, carries many implications of portraying history, starting with its title. The fact that the movie is called 10,000BC gives historical significance in a formal context, as historians and scientists refer to ancient past by the years before common era. The movie suggests that its setting is in the real universe, aka reality. And again, aside from the ender which is nothing short of hasty randomness, there are no other elements of magic. Sure, there is spiritualism, but it is absurd to transform that subtle spiritualism into a blatant and jagged magical solution.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Mar 20, 2008,
Quote by Xiaoxi
I won't because LOTR clearly asserts itself as a fantasy novel/film in its own fictional universe. There are no implications that it is trying to be realistic and secular. 10,000 BC, on the other hand, carries many implications of portraying history, starting with its title. The fact that the movie is called 10,000BC gives historical significance in a formal context, as historians and scientists refer to ancient past by the years before common era. The movie suggests that its setting is in the real universe, aka reality. And again, aside from the ender which is nothing short of hasty randomness, there are no other elements of magic. Sure, there is spiritualism, but it is absurd to transform that subtle spiritualism into a blatant and jagged magical solution.

10,000 BC with pyramids and ships that size? Obviously they were joking big time just to get attention and make it seem like a "lost world" 10,000 years ago. I think one of the advertisements was "A world, lost in time." Outside that, I don't think there were hardly any historical representations in the movie, and they even said themselves it was pretty much all fantasy.
Quote by johnpetrucci05
10,000 BC with pyramids and ships that size? Obviously they were joking big time just to get attention and make it seem like a "lost world" 10,000 years ago. I think one of the advertisements was "A world, lost in time." Outside that, I don't think there were hardly any historical representations in the movie, and they even said themselves it was pretty much all fantasy.

A lost civilization 10,000 years ago on earth still doesn't justify the inaccuracy of the landscapes, as the land itself cannot be forged. There are even so many glaring logical errors that make the movie even more idiotic. For example, the first day across the desert sees the hardship and deaths of the travelers, who were dying off from dehydration. Yet, seemingly a few days later, still journeying across the desert, they're fine and used to the uninhabitable land? If it is indeed a fantasy movie, it is poorly presented, unless you count disregarding common logics to be one of those fantasies.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
A lost civilization 10,000 years ago on earth still doesn't justify the inaccuracy of the landscapes, as the land itself cannot be forged. There are even so many glaring logical errors that make the movie even more idiotic. For example, the first day across the desert sees the hardship and deaths of the travelers, who were dying off from dehydration. Yet, seemingly a few days later, still journeying across the desert, they're fine and used to the uninhabitable land? If it is indeed a fantasy movie, it is poorly presented, unless you count disregarding common logics to be one of those fantasies.

Yea I guess you are right, I didn't notice the desert part, but that does seem really stupid.

Some of the lines were funny too. "I claim my spear, and with it....MY WOMAN!" Lol.
Bank Job, 10000 BC was soooo lame.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
haha so my cousin talked me into seeing 10000 BC so we get thre and we're sitting there for 10 mintues and we both look over to each other and say "this is gay lets go see bank job"

So they started at the same time so we didnt miss much but Bank Job kicked ass. Id definately recomend it.

plus it had some titties.
Quote by iSlash

+ >million.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.