So, I've had my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 40w 1x12 tuber for about 8 months. I have used it mainly for practice at low volumes and about 20 or so band practices where it has gotten moderately loud.

I have a show coming up at my school where i'm planning on cranking it. Do I have to worry about a tube going out in the middle of the show? It has shown me no signs of going dead as of yet. (if they even show any signs before they blow)
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

My Gear
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Na, cranking it wouldn't do much, especially on a Fender. I crank my ENGL Screamer like twice a week for a year with "correctly biased" (term?) tubes and they are still fine.
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
cranking your amp doesnt make tubes blow. They blow after like 2 1/2 years.
You're fine.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
8 months is nothing. i bet that thing will go for years before going out.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Quote by SQHero
Na, cranking it wouldn't do much, especially on a Fender. I crank my ENGL Screamer like twice a week for a year with "correctly biased" (term?) tubes and they are still fine.

Well I know that tubes do need to be replaced every so often. Im just thinking that I might be reaching that time and I don't want the tubes to give out during my show or something.

But yea, your amp sees a lot more high volume usage than mine so it sounds like im having an irrational fear or something because its my first "show".
Quote by pmeg568c
oh man, seems as though i totally forgot about anal

My Gear
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Fender Standard Strat
Boss ME-50 Multieffect
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Don't worry a bit, but don't let idiots touch that amp! If they knock it over from a height or just bump it, the tubes might take some damage and even explode if in operation. My friend's tube amp's power tube pairs shattered because some idiot touched it and burned his hand.

Quote by SQHero
Don't worry a bit, but don't let idiots touch that amp! If they knock it over from a height or just bump it, the tubes might take some damage and even explode if in operation. My friend's tube amp's power tube pairs shattered because some idiot touched it and burned his hand.

thats funny.
did he make him pay for the tubes?
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by SQHero

Yeah, If the tubes are touched with your hands the oils on your hands eats through the glass when they heat up.. D= so break anyones fingers who attempt to touch them.
Actually, the oil transfers heat away from the evenly heated glass, so the parts that are then cooled contract and the tube implodes on itself.