I'm looking at buying a new guitar because I still have one of the crappy yamaha starter guitars. I was thinking about an electric acoustic AEG20E but now I'm leaning back towards an electric.

I was looking at the artcore series and would like to have your input on them.
How do they sound?
What kind of music are they best for?
How do they feel when playing?
Do the strings buzz on chord playing?
Anything you'd like to add really...

Also which model would you say is best? Price isn't an issue but I'm deciding between the:

AF95 http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-Artcore-AF95-Electric-Guitar-104208798-i1173405.gc

or

AF75 http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-Artcore-AF75-Electric-Guitar-102567724-i1150604.gc

What's different about them? Is it worth the hundred bucks for the 95 or am I better off just getting the 75?

Thanks for any help!

If it helps I'm into rock/classic rock type genre like metalica to red hot chili peppers.
yeah they look similar .. I think its the Flamed maple top, back, and sides on the more expensive one. Really its just to make it look bad ass, and it gives a little bit of tone differentiability. Look like a sick guitars tho
They're very good guitars for the money. The Artcore I have is different than the two you listed. It will do RHCP pretty well, but to be honest, a strat is better for RHCP. As for Metalica, they will be great for the clean tones but might not be the greatest for the high gain stuff. A higher output bridge pickup might help though.
MIM Fender Strat
Shecter Blackjack ATX
Ibanez Artcore AFS75T
Godin SD
Norman ST40
Yamaha CG-171S
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Tonebone Plexitube
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell
Maxon OD-9

Highway 1 Fender Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Tonebone Classic
Thanks for the help I'm going to guitar center tomorrow to try everything out before I order.
Those Ibanez Artcores are great guitars -- you shouldn't worry about any of the issues you described. If you're not dead-set on a hollow body, check out this one:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-ARX120-Electric-Guitar?sku=512353

I have an ARX300 and it's really sweet and solid and can go pretty hard. They're really the same guitar as an Artcore but with a solid mahogany body.
Thanks for the help I went to guitar center today and I've never been there before! It was amazing! I decided I'm going to order the AF75TD because I got to try it out and I'm in love with it. It sounds rediculous unplugged and sounds even better than an acoustic.
One thing I forgot to mention....

The Cutaway!!! The Cutaway on my Ibanez is terrible. Make sure that if you need good upper fret access your Ibanez has good upper upper fret access.
MIM Fender Strat
Shecter Blackjack ATX
Ibanez Artcore AFS75T
Godin SD
Norman ST40
Yamaha CG-171S
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Tonebone Plexitube
Dunlop Crybaby from Hell
Maxon OD-9

Highway 1 Fender Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Tonebone Classic
Hi guys!

I'm looking for a second guitar and I absolutely love the looks of Ibanez hollowbodys (AF75/AK95). I've buried the plan of getting a semi-hollowbody, I'd like to get something not so common. I'd like to tune down my LTD for old-school metal (Black Sabbath, Judas Priest etc) and use the hollowbody for "softer music". I've never played a full hollowbody before, so please give me some advice. It's meant for jazz like Django Reinhardt and Elvis used the Gibson ES-175. I like jazz and rock'n'roll, but is this guitar good for Led Zeppelin, Dire Straits, Whitesnake? I know that full hollowbodys tend to feedback but will it manage that kind of music? If anybody has some experience with hollowbodys, please let me know.
Last edited by UkuK at Jul 20, 2009,
Quote by UkuK
Anybody?

You're better off making a new thread and not threadjacking somebody elses thread. And not to mention that the last post in this thread was over a year ago...