yo yo yo yo....wat makes the guitar amp matter the most? im into like black metal, death metal, and im thinking bout getting a new amp.
i have my eyes on a marshall, but aside from that im just curious on what i should keep my eye on when it comes down to choosing an amp.
well if your into like the death and black metal i'd choose a Krank there pricey but when it comes down to it they got a good metal grudge sound to them but i also heard that Ibanez makes good metal amps
ooo, thx for the replies and my bad, first time bothering to use forums :x
5150 lololol
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
There is a huge amount of good metal amps out there. Which Marshall were you looking at?
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
i was thinkgin around 100-500$$$
this was the amp thought
(Marshall MG100DFX 1x12" Guitar Combo Amplifier )
Quote by Aptom
i was thinkgin around 100-500$$$
this was the amp thought
(Marshall MG100DFX 1x12" Guitar Combo Amplifier )

it is dangerous to go alone, here, take this flame shield.
Quote by glowskulls

hehe, i dont know how this relates to guitar cneter, unless some wierd scenario just like "8 legged freaks occur while out shopping at guitar center, and i fight my away trhought spder webs, OF course with your flame shield.
You're gonna get flamed for the MG...
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
trust me go RANDALL there awesome for metal and the rg50tc is only $570 and it rocks, get urself a tube screamer to OD it and uve got a gig worthy metal amp
Quote by glowskulls

I am resisting the urge to sig that... hilarious. What is your real budget for the amp? Are you going to play beyond the house/garage?
NO. Do not get a Marshall MG. They suck. Also don't get a line 6 Spider. *looks at sig*

May I suggest a Vox AD50VT-XL if you are STRICTLY going for metal. Of course, there are better choices, but the people in GG&A would have those.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
im really considering the randall. how bout line 6/peaveys. im just pulling stuff out of my ass now, but i'd like to consider lots of possibilities.
oh, im doing a band once we get our **** togehter ima start playing at gigs, but tahts when we get out **** togehter, but i got a whole life time so, no biggie
if you want a good amp for metal defineltly look into getting a krank. Also get yourself a GOOD ibanez, dean or esp/ltd. not just any either, some of that **** stinks.
Ibanez RGR420EX
B.C. Rich MockingBird w/ EMG 81/85

Peavey Valveking 212 Tube Combo

Electro harmonix Metal Muff
Electro harmonix Big Muff
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Quote by gregs1020
So bedroom/garage mostly? For a couple years?

nah, more like couple months really.
Here's my list of recommendations:

Randall RG50TC
used Peavey 5150 combo
used Peavey 6505 combo
Peavey Valve King 112/212
B-52 AT-112/212
Line 6 Spider Valve 112/212

Any of those would be words better than a Marshall MG.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by Aptom
wats with the marshall hating thought?

It's not Marshall hating, it's MG hating.

They suck. Period.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by SupremeACL
It's not Marshall hating, it's MG hating.

They suck. Period.

I can only speak for the MG that I had through college. It was horrible. I was able to sell it for more than I spent on it, so there was an upside. But that amp sucked.
I found a couple on craigslist that interested me today. A 5150, a Hot Rod Deluxe, a Palomino V32, and an old arsed Fender Bronco in Milwaukee. I would recommend any of them but they would all need a good eq and dist pedal. (According to the friends I polled.) All were 550 or under.
i'd say get a valve king (imma gonna get me one 'o them soon)

or a bugera
Quote by coryklok
My god.

Your username... it's amazing.

Yup.