I have found a little trick that isn't 100% perfect but it WILL save you some green.

I'm not sure if any of you know this but Eddie Van Halen was slamming on his trem WAY before Flyod Rose. I wanted to find out how he could stay in tune so, I searched. I found a vid on youtube.com that had Eddie himself give out his little secret.

When regularly re-stringing a guitar you would wind the string from the hole in the peg, down. Eddie wound the string up from this hole. I don't know how it works but it works! It still goes out of tune but it stays in tune 10 times better than if it was regularly wound.

Just thought I'd share that with all of you.

Peace

EDIT: The video is here. It's toward the middle of the vid but it's in that vid somewhere.
If ur ears aint ringin...ur doin it wrong

Last edited by guitarist10 at Mar 20, 2008,
not to be an ass, but thast a pretty big known trick, it was in guitar world
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by ChaoticVengence
not to be an ass, but thast a pretty big known trick, it was in guitar world
Well its still awsome! lol Anyways, I was pretty sure most guitarists knew that.

Quote by just17n8
no comprendo

normally when you string your guitar, you go under the string, then over to like "lock" it inside that little hole in the peg, well eddie would just wind it up so the strings would be straight from the bridge to the tuning peg

TS post the link to the vid
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Well i didnt know it... Probably wont need to know it considering i dont buy my guitars without floyd roses

Gear:
Ibanez JPM P100A
Schecter C7 Loomis
Ibanez Rg1570
Agile Intrepid 828 Pro Dual
Schecter Omen FR Extreme
Ibanez RG550 (Fernandez Sustainer)
Laney World Series 120-TR
POD X3 Live
im going to look for the link because i dont know it lol...but i also dont play my electric that often
incubus rocks my world
Could you post a link to the site where you found it at?
I've never heard of this, not to be an ass to the ass. Can you link the youtube video or at least tell me what you searched for I'm not sure I fully understand it. I read guitar player... not "wooorld"
1990 Gibson LP Studio
2007 American Deluxe Stratocaster
2006 Taylor 510-ce
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
VIDEO LINK It's a very informative vid about the Frenkenstein replica guitar. The little bit of info. is around 6:20 to 7:00.

Last edited by guitarist10 at Mar 20, 2008,
Not to be an ass, but English please?
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by SupremeACL
Not to be an ass, but English please?
Is that the line of the day? "Not to be an ass".... well I really don't know how to explain it better sorry.

Hey SRK! I freakin love that song I'm Alright on your profile. You're freakin awsome!

I have locking tuners on my strat anyway and van halen is out there and I don't think he knows what hes even talking about. You want a good tuning trick... If you have a les paul ... wrap the strings around the stoptail, it gives a more stable tuning and more sustain.
1990 Gibson LP Studio
2007 American Deluxe Stratocaster
2006 Taylor 510-ce
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Quote by guitarist10
Is that the line of the day? "Not to be an ass".... well I really don't know how to explain it better sorry.

Ah, no problem man. The video isn't much help either. Does anyone have an explanation that is EASY to understand. What is this break angle of which they speak?
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
I can't understand what Eddie is saying.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!