Page 1 of 2
ok i play on an ibanez 15wat tone blaster floor amp and i'm wanting to upgrade

soo i found an amp the other day at my local music shop it's an Ibanez TBX150H Tone Blaster Xtreme half stack and i was wondering i didn't check the price on it just wondering if i could get a price on one of these or what they sound like and such
they probably sound like ass. Stay away from them, learn how to look up prices using a complicated search called GOOGLE, and whats your budget?
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
ss halfstack = no

look for a good tube combo
My Gear:
MIM Fender Strat HSS

My Influences:
1) David Gilmour
2) SRV
3) Jimmy Page
4) Jimmi Hendrix
5) Slash
You don't need a half-stack. You don't need a solid-state. For that price get a beginner's favorite tube amp such as ValveKing or Epi VJunior
No man is your friend, no man is your enemy, but every man is your teacher.

When he asked for John Myung, John Myung said:"Who the hell is John Myung?"

Proud User of Ibanez, Korg, Rocktron, ENGL
Your upgrading from a 15w????
You probably need to experience a little more than that before buying a half stack and especially investing in a crappy ass one.
Get a nicer solid or tube combo.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
no, NO ibanez amps.
Ibanez amps arent good.
Find a used classic 30.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
ok soo what amp would ya'll recemend i upgrade to?? i don't like peavey all that well but i need either a 50wat or a 65wat
The Randall RG series, from what I've heard, are decent. I have a ENGL Screamer 50w but it's way over budget.

well idk i just don't like them i have different taste in amps but the bigger peaveys might be alright cuz my uncle owns a 65wat peavey for as long as he's played guitar and it never let him down but idk how would a line 6 spider III 60 wat be?
Quote by Platinum Pro
well idk i just don't like them i have different taste in amps but the bigger peaveys might be alright cuz my uncle owns a 65wat peavey for as long as he's played guitar and it never let him down but idk how would a line 6 spider III 60 wat be?

Line 6 is pretty much junk in the amp department.. Stickwith the classics..

What kind of music do you play?
i play mostly like disturbed, godsmack, nickelback. i also practice with my uncle and they mostly play like old rock like johnny B good and a bunch of others
well how long have you been playing for Platinum? if its only a few months, id say hang onto that for a while. unless you are jamming with a drummer or a guitarist with a tube amp id say your fine. i assume you are mostly a "bedroom" player?

my opinion is to wait, have your ears develop a sense for tones, save up for something you know you're going to love.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
i've been playing for about 4 years now soo i've pretty much worked up a good sense of tone i know what sounds bad and what doesn't lol my last guitar before my warlock sounded like shat! lol but yeah i'm a mostly bedroom player but i have played in front of a crowd of about 50-65 people but i do like marshel to just don't like there prices
Why do you need 60-65 watts? You have no idea how loud a 65 watt tube amp would be do you? Usually with tube 30 is enough.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
i've never played on a tube amp soo i wouldn't know, but my uncle has a fender 65wat floor amp and his ain't really loud i mean is i wanted to bust my speakers in my amp i could keep up with him cuz my speaker in my amp goes up to 65wats
If you are a bedroom player then 20W tube will do more than 60W SS. As I said before, ValveKing is good for tube beginners, so is Randall RG.

Quote by Platinum Pro
i've never played on a tube amp soo i wouldn't know, but my uncle has a fender 65wat floor amp and his ain't really loud i mean is i wanted to bust my speakers in my amp i could keep up with him cuz my speaker in my amp goes up to 65wats

Your typing sucks. But yeah a 20-30 watt tube amp will do that no problem. Also I thought you said he had a 65 watt Peavey???
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
my brothers got a 30wat randall amp and it sounds pretty crappy without a peddle soo no randalls for me
There's not many 50W tubes that fall in your budget that are actually nice. I don't know any good 20W for metal, since they are all either expensive mini-stacks or vintage-sounding Fenders.

Quote by Platinum Pro
my brothers got a 30wat randall amp and it sounds pretty crappy without a peddle soo no randalls for me

You need to stop basing amp companies off of a single amp. If Marshall had a reputation based solely on the MG they would be one of the worst amp makers out there.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Quote by soul_power
You need to stop basing amp companies off of a single amp. If Marshall had a reputation based solely on the MG they would be one of the worst amp makers out there.

well thats true man good point
ah, alright man, sorry about that. im too judgmental sometimes. i saw the march 08 join date and automatically assumed...

alright then http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation/guitar-amplifiers?N=100001%2b338491%2b10&Ns=P_Price%7c0&page=1

here is your price range, give or take.

id advise the Peavey Valveking 50 watt 1x12 for you. since you dont play anything too brootal you might not need a boost. i hear these need some tweaking out of the box. when i played one at GC the cleans werent as bad as people say but the distortion IS slightly weak. but just raise the bass and mids and drop the treble a bit and it sort of fixed it.

yes 50 watts tube is a lot for bedroom practice, but also i say just go out and test options.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
It seems you've fallen into the category of "louder means better" which is miles from the truth. You say you've never played a tube amp, so chances are all you have experienced up until now is not very good tone. However you wouldn't know since you haven't played a tube amp.
A 30Watt tube combo is all you need at the moment, you don't need anymore than that. For what you play I'd probably suggest a used Peavey Classic 30 with an overdrive pedal. Now I know you said you don't like Peavey, but you haven't REALLY played one, and I refere once again to your saying that you have not played a tube amp, aswell as what soul_power said about judging a company by one amp.
Above anything else I will say this: Listen to the guys here, for the love of god, listen to them. Because I garantee you, that if you go into a guitar shop and say "I have X amount of money, what are some good amps?" they will try to offload the worst piece of equipment for the most amount of money than they can......I speak from bad experiences here. Whereas the guys here will give you genuine advice.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
^+1, and also, man your budget is killing me...

ok i have a peddle soo i'm pretty much covered on the overdrive peddle but ok i'll listen everyone i'll look around in my local guitar shops for what you guys said to get and practice on some
which overdrive you got? just curious. and +1 SQHero lol.

**Edit**: id say that one wouldnt be so bad. i actually advised it a few posts back but i wrote a lot so you might have missed it. again, i say your best bet would be to try it out and see if YOU like it. were just here to guide, but you must choose. and hopefully choose wisely...

/end sagely advice.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Yes, might want to change out stock tubes and speaker on that ValveKing according to most UGers.

i got a zoom 505 one the first one put out my cousin gave it to me for like $25
Can digital units overdrive well. I never tried doing that.

hmm...the zoom is a multi effects pedal. not necessarily an OD. while it does have distortion and what not, if you do decide to keep it use it only for modulation effects (chorus, phaser, flanger, delay, ect.) and maybe noise gate if it has one. and keep it in the effects loop as well.

most people say not to use digital effects with tube amps, but they arent always terrible and dont always "suck tone" especially if you keep them in the FX loop.

but id say grab a bad monkey or if you dont mind spending a little more a tube screamer. it couldnt hurt.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Or you can just get a Mesa/Boogie or ENGL eh?

if only they made their amps in the 450 range without sacrificing for quality....sigh

we can only dream.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
thanks guys for all the advice i'll try looking around and stuff to see what i like and stuff but yeah i mostly just use the zoom for effects and my distortion cuz my ibanez amp has weak, weak distortion
yea. the other guitarist in my band used to have a 60 watt tone blaster. i used it because i left my mesa at home....boy...im bringing it to EVERY practice from now on. the distortion is pretty weak man. but yea, just see what you like. glad i could help. im too quite on these boards anyway. im tired of being a lurker...
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Page 1 of 2