Hello, I need some advice.

My top E-string is making a tinny buzzing sound when struck hard. It almost sounds like it's vibrating against something metal (but it's not). I took it to local guitar store to have it looked at and he made a number of adjustments but the buzz continues. Is this simply because the low E is so much thicker? It's audible through my amp.

Any thoughts?
Your neck is bowed, the action is too low, or a fret is too high somewheres on the fretboard.
My guesses =\
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
my strings almost always buzz due to low action but i have never had the problem with it come through the amp.
Quote by LaGrange
Your neck is bowed, the action is too low, or a fret is too high somewheres on the fretboard.
My guesses =\

Those would the first things I would check if the strings aren't old and crappy. How long have you had them on your guitar?
Here's what I can tell
* The neck doesn't appear to be bowed
* The string is not actually touching any fret
* The strings are new. I changed them because I started to notice this problem.

How do I know if the action is to low??
Fret the offending string at the first fret. Then fret it at where the neck meets the body. 12 or 14th will do. (might be easier to use a capo at the first and then use your finger to fret the 14th)

Then see if you can get a credit card under the string at the 7th fret. If you can't then either the action is too low or there isn't enough relief in the neck. Its worth noting though that the 'action' is purely down to individual taste. There really is no too high or too low.

Most of my guitars buzz occasionally, mainly because I hit the strings so hard, but so long as I don't hear it through the amp I'm happy.