hey all.
at the moment my epi lp has stupid amounts of feedback and squelling to the point that its practically unplaybale and its really gettin on my nerves. it does it on all amps, with different leads, on the dirty channel, once it gets past like bedroom practice volume. would a noise gate(pedal) fix this problem? or am i better of taking it into a shop and getting the guitar looked at and fix it properly?

any advice would be great thanks
sorry to bring up the obvious but uh try muting the strings?
they tend to squeal at higher volumes.... unless muted

otherwise yeah get it checked
noise gate just gets rid of static and fuzz
Quote by Kensai
Girls don't have to do anything to be good in bed. If she's got a pulse she's automatically an 8.

nah its not the strings ringing. like if i mute them it still just squeels...real loud...i think somethings wrong a
do any of your other guitars do this in the amp? if not then its probably something wrong with the electrical in your guitar.
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
You don't need to turn down your gain or back away (unless you are literally inches from the amp facing it). Just get a Noise Gate first and see if that gets rid of your problem. If it doesn't, rewire your guitar with added shielding. If that doesn't work, look to your cables. If all else fails (which at this point I hope it wouldn't), check your inputs.
Could also be your pick ups. But I would first try to turn down gain on amp/pedal whatever you use. Distortion pedals can cause a lot of feedback. If that doen't get you the result, then look into a noisegate.
Last edited by laurens666 at Mar 21, 2008,
Regardless of the situation, having some type of noise reduction on hand is never a bad idea.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Try a different guitar first before anything.
Tom Anderson Hollow Classic
72 thin line tele

Barber trifecta fuzz
Mi audio Crunch Box
Clyde Wah
Barber Burn Unit
Ocean efx Texas deuce
Boomerang chorus delay
Barber ltd

1971 Pro reverb
Fender acoustasonic
Fender super champ xd
undo the 4 screws on the jack plate and i'd almost put money on one of the wires being ripped off. its happened to me a few times. it just happens when you try and tighten the jack too much. its an easy fix
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.